Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cabal Episode 31-33 - 9buddy rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If this scenario pertains to finances, my team is willing to reimburse him the amount he spent on the files, along with our commitment to collaborate in the future when necessary. Additionally, we would prefer the files to be released afterwards if he agrees. However, if releasing them is not preferred, we are still prepared to pay the full price for the files. Nevertheless, I believe the underlying issue here is more about greed and money.

BCO

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
the underlying issue here is more about greed and money

I know MentaL hates me every time I say this. But, Cabal Dev community is greedy, most admins don't know how to code and prefer to pay for updates / help. It's been like this ever since EP 8 got released. So stop yapping about greed. It's business as usual. :)

Reaction score
I know MentaL hates me every time I say this. But, Cabal Dev community is greedy, most admins don't know how to code and prefer to pay for updates / help. It's been like this ever since EP 8 got released. So stop yapping about greed. It's business as usual. :)
I don't know you so why would I hate you. I believe this is the first time i've even messaged you.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your information is incorrect. The person running this server has had only one Cabal server in the past, which was very successful. They also run servers for a number of other games. Also, this isn't greed; it's business. This guy paid a LOT of money for these files. Why would he give them away for free without at least making back what he paid first? Your anger comes from jealousy, and you seem to be trying to live in a fantasy world to convince yourself that this guy has somehow wronged you. I had kinda hoped you'd have grown out of this by now. Also, it's not me running that server, so stop harassing the owner and shitting on my name.

To anyone that is interested in the actual files and doesn't want to poop on the people that have them, this is for you: The files will not be released because the person paid for them for the sole purpose of running a server and making money from it, unless there is an internal leak, which is highly unlikely. However, the fact that they are stuck on EP31 for now means it would be much easier for someone to log packets and emulate it. Unlike official, they won't be changing their packet structures constantly. Maybe Niicke or ubis can do something with that.
You talk like you sold these files to triedge :) why are you soo sure it wont be sold again ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your information is incorrect. The person running this server has had only one Cabal server in the past, which was very successful. They also run servers for a number of other games. Also, this isn't greed; it's business. This guy paid a LOT of money for these files. Why would he give them away for free without at least making back what he paid first? Your anger comes from jealousy, and you seem to be trying to live in a fantasy world to convince yourself that this guy has somehow wronged you. I had kinda hoped you'd have grown out of this by now. Also, it's not me running that server, so stop harassing the owner and shitting on my name.

To anyone that is interested in the actual files and doesn't want to poop on the people that have them, this is for you: The files will not be released because the person paid for them for the sole purpose of running a server and making money from it, unless there is an internal leak, which is highly unlikely. However, the fact that they are stuck on EP31 for now means it would be much easier for someone to log packets and emulate it. Unlike official, they won't be changing their packet structures constantly. Maybe Niicke or ubis can do something with that.
Official packages also do not change frequently; they are additive most of the time. But yet it is still difficult for people not dealing with serious software engineering to address the requirements of making a server happen.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nothing that I said made it sound like I sold the files to him.

Because I'm not an idiot, I've known this guy for many years, and the seller made an exclusive deal.
Not really exclusive deal but I think it's more like the "seller" of the files don't want to sell it to people he don't know. Not for the small amount of money - You will ask why?

It's just simple as it is. Such files can be used for resell. So if he would sell it to anybody he must be aware of that for example let's say he sells it to me. And I would start selling it around to massive amount of people making him unable to sell it anymore.

Cabal community is terrible at this point and everybody knows that if actual people who developed something for EP8 would sell it with open source then their work would went straight to this forum after the guy who bought it made money back from reselling it to other guys.

So keeping files tight for him makes those files valuable. Every time he would sell those files would lose their price by half atleast because there is another guy who can start selling it way cheaper.

Actually for me if those files are going to be there (on ragezone) then we can just say it's the end of Cabal. Tons of noobs will start creating their own servers with lack of knowledge just re-running it with config from ragezone.

Reaction score
Not really exclusive deal but I think it's more like the "seller" of the files don't want to sell it to people he don't know. Not for the small amount of money - You will ask why?

It's just simple as it is. Such files can be used for resell. So if he would sell it to anybody he must be aware of that for example let's say he sells it to me. And I would start selling it around to massive amount of people making him unable to sell it anymore.

Cabal community is terrible at this point and everybody knows that if actual people who developed something for EP8 would sell it with open source then their work would went straight to this forum after the guy who bought it made money back from reselling it to other guys.

So keeping files tight for him makes those files valuable. Every time he would sell those files would lose their price by half atleast because there is another guy who can start selling it way cheaper.

Actually for me if those files are going to be there (on ragezone) then we can just say it's the end of Cabal. Tons of noobs will start creating their own servers with lack of knowledge just re-running it with config from ragezone.

So you think that without RZ you would have cabal files, knowledge and tools to have a test or live servers?

If you believe it like that, don't understand how ragezone works as a platform, what it allows, enables and provides, then I doubt it's a place for you, because I, for one, would have never been able to get anywhere with the game that I've enjoyed playing when I was younger and those other forums, who all copy tutorials and other things from RZ, would have nothing for this game.

To add:
Everyone started as a "noob" and by exploring and sharing knowledge we got to this point.

"Cabal end" - I assume your understanding is that if there are no income and no players from a leaked/stolen game - game's dead?

What about those who simply like to work on it, just because they like to work on it, want to explore it and bring their vision to life?
Regardless of the fact if it will become live or not, but I will dare to say that for majority - progress of making their own thing is fun and enjoyable and will say that people are coming back and others trying to attempt giving a shot.

This is completely offtopic, but your reasoning and response was extremely flawed and I couldn't help myself to respond.

There is higher amount of people who voice their opinion without bringing literally anything to this forum or community, so not sure if you've got any credibility to voice anything, while clearly waiting for the moment the files would be released, also, if there would have been a group of people that would have joined hands and not prioritised money over everything - something magical would have appeared in this forum long time ago, BUT I can't blame anyone skilled that has been or still is in this community, when everyone is just leeching, not even trying to learn about how to use forum and experimentation, let alone coding language.
Reselling to make couple hundred dollars, asking moronic questions and so on, even if everything is given on the golden plate, it usually pushes people to the limit of "f#ck this".

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Look at the EP8 scenario, only 1 server actually has relevant updates. If the files are leaked it won't change much, over time they will be in the same situation as EP8 is.
Nothing like time to define who really stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back