Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

can I use Centos 7 64-bit for *BOI* server instead of centos 6

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I install BOI OW Linux side server on a fresh installed Centos 7 64-bit or on fresh centos 6 and if I can then How?

I know the BOI community is so isolated and I'll probably not get any reply as it happened to many of my previous posts but anyways we should keep trying right?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
How can I install BOI OW Linux side server on a fresh installed Centos 7 64-bit or on fresh centos 6 and if I can then How?

I know the BOI community is so isolated and I'll probably not get any reply as it happened to many of my previous posts but anyways we should keep trying right?

You can even install BOI/WOI on Ubuntu. (though, Ubuntu 13.04 and 14.04 have ia32-libs decapriated wich might cause some issues)
Unlike previous releases of CentOS, any CentOs machine that has Centos 6.0 or higher can be upgraded to 7.0

As far as I am aware no nessesary packages were decapriated during the 6 to 7 move so you should be just fine.

As for installing BOI server on linux, thats rather simple.
get the linux package
move all the folders (dbserver,nameserver etc) to a folder of your liking.
lets say /home (so, /home/dbserver,/home/nameserver etc)

yum install mysql -y
yum install mysql-server -y
yum install glibc.i686 -y
yum install libxml2.i686 -y
yum install libstdc++.so.5 -y
cd /home/java
sh jdk-6u45-linux-x64.bin
alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /home/java/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/bin/java 20000
alternatives --config java

(get the java RPM om the Oracle site, its needed for the auth daemon. push it to /home through ssh, note: im using 6, you can try java 7 or 8 but chances are errors will occur. it always proved to work with 6 just fine. Then again, if you are experimenting with CentOs 7, might aswell experiment with java too)

if you use a MSSQL authd, then dont need to worry about mysql account database.
if you use MySQL for both the game and account database (recommended) find a empty authd.sql file on the forum (woi/boi/pw/jd, they all share the same account db layout. so any will work)

Edit: sidenote, if you feel adventurous, dont bother placing the linux files on the linux machine. instead, use remote mount (using cifs, store the actual serverfiles on a windows server) and just connect a linux virtual machine or remote machine to the server share. that way if your linux becomes slow you can just throw the vm away (do get a backup of your database though), install a new machine, use remote mount to load in the files and just re-import the database file.

Otherwise, just start at the basics.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks alot for such a great answer bro.i'll try it out.
really appretiate ur effort/answer
thanks

Back