• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Can i use 'mymodel' command after lvl 10? (+ crazy idea XD)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Can i use the 'mymodel' command with a character above lvl 10? Just for some tests :) thanks..

(crazy idea)
ScreamingFox - Can i use 'mymodel' command after lvl 10? (+ crazy idea XD) - RaGEZONE Forums

I had this idea when modelling a horse (not for priston though), that, if i would model a 'mount' (mountable beast...) with a character bone set riding it would there be any way that the 'monster'(the 'mount' model with the character bones 'riding' it) 'inherit' the character's armor/shield/weapon models to it??? So characters could ride beasts (with their own meshes (i mean, the models the character would be 'wearing')? (XD)

Here is an example (with the character on a pose (rigid on this one) and rigged on the spine of the monster):
ScreamingFox - Can i use 'mymodel' command after lvl 10? (+ crazy idea XD) - RaGEZONE Forums

(trans: "It is us who fly, big witch man")

It does not have all the textures right but it depicts the idea XD.. What do you guys think about that?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've seen PT players requesting a "mount" feature for high levels before, and that sounds like an excellent start. I can imagine a way to apply the GM Shift run or speed armour when a player is mounted to make it more than just a visual feature too.

As for mapping the armour & / items ... I'm not so sure. My only solution would be to include all armour in a different "monster" mesh, or to find a way to combine meshes "on-the-fly".

Of course, you can add all player models to the monster mesh list, and "my-model" your Knight into an Ata. XD I've seen that done before, but you tend to end up "headless" because of crown and hair tint.

Honestly, if base armour mapped, most of the rest would matter very little. I would suggest that players not be allowed to fight while mounted, so you can drop weapon & shield... but that still leaves:-
all armour × (all classes × all heads × all tiers)​
About 5000 - 7000 models? o_O

Vormavs' in-depth learning from Customize Look may be very helpful in looking for "shortcuts" to this sum. ^_^

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Better 'example' XDD

Yes i agree on what you said about Vormav =D

I think that when mounted the character would have the damage and attacks of that monster (if i model the mount with the character's bones i can also animate those so we could have something like a knight bringing down the sword, etc..)

@edit:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I assume the primary reason for desiring mounts is faster travel, though some few games use a mount as a portable storage. (like a warehouse which follows you)

While I would guess that approximately half the RPGs which support riding allow mounted combat, I can see that being very problematic in PT for a number of reasons.
  1. Using the mounts combat basically requires the character to physically switch to a new, 9th class. :\ That seems like a lot of work.
  2. Being able to flee from actively engaged combat at mount speed could well cause problems with monster AI. (it can with GM shift-run speed, you don't usually notice until you have a party of 4 or 5 GMs all running away at full speed though. XD)
  3. Implementing all weapons and all skills of all classes while mounted as well as on foot also seems like a lot of work.
  4. PvP combat mounted to on foot, on foot to on foot and mounted to mounted is vastly untested and a lot to work out.
None of that is necessarily impossible, but it would seem to make the work load and potential pitfalls impractical, to me.

I initially imagined a mount as an item, like Phoeninx Pet, which could be activated. (also similar to "reigns" items in WoW) However, if a mount could be a skill pet like Wolverine, Golem etc. then it may be possible to select the "pet" to mount, or trade items?

This would be an excellent new Tier skill for high level players, because it only requires the implementation of a single skill across all classes, and it is essentially a skill we already have a template for in several existing classes. ^_^

Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
What i thought about (since my idea was to model a beast with that purpose) was to animate the bones of a character on top of the beast, so i could even make it look like the character was attacking mounted. What i thought is standard attacks for mounts, and specific mounts for characters.. And if mounted, the character would have the attack of the 'monster'..

If i were a programming overlord it would be like this:

-The mount model would have nothing of the character, just the bone set (which would 'call' the models the character would be bearing).
-The mount would be activated by consuming an item (like the Clarinha 'sex change' potion).
-Timed effect.
-Demount possible but would trow away the 'item'.
-RARE and/or high lvl treat.
-When the character 'transforms' to the mounted-character, he can only use the standard attack, with a 'monster' bonus.(or the monster damage would override the character damage). I think of a 'monstruous' damage XD, so the 'mount' would not only be to walk faster but to give a bite or 2 XD..

=D

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
-When the character 'transforms' to the mounted-character, he can only use the standard attack, with a 'monster' bonus.
That is a limitation unknown to PT, and would require considerable rewrite of client and server and probably several years to secure so that cheaters don't take advantage of the "feature", just in that small and seemingly simple statement.

Not being able to attack at all is already known from towns. In fact, if the player was considered to be "in-town" when on a mount, this may prevent them from attacking, or being attacked... which has other advantages besides fast transport. Mounting up effectively becomes a "pause" function, which PT has often been criticised for failing to provide. (players who cannot pause loose track of time and filter out real-word concerns like... answering the phone, responding to your mother, eating, sleeping, going to the toilet etc.) There is already an "in combat" check which prevents you from easily performing "rage quit" by disabling Menu->Exit. This can also prevent players from mounting up during combat to avoid death.

It may be easier to implement the mounted stand, walk and run animation bones as new "frames" in the player characters ASE. New animations are added for new skills, so I imagine we should be able to find those animations and set the character to perform them. *If* that is possible, then in this configuration you could also award / buy / sell / trade different mounts to "attach" to players in game. (that would be nice, but the number of unknown suppositions are increasing XD)

Alternatively, I just noticed another interesting thing. There are Hammber Goblin (yes, mine is "Hammber" not "Hammer" IDK why) Hammer Plant and Hammer Decoy monsters in the data-set which have an extra command *예비모델 which is exactly the same format as their *모양파일 or "File Location". This must be to combine meshes / animations?

Example:-
Code:
*모양파일 "char\monster\hammer_goblin\hammer_goblin.INI"
*예비모델 "char\monster\Monhobgoblin\Monhobgoblin-a.INI"

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
PT engine is so old that adding anything new to it is pain in the butt >=P
Seriously, rewriting PT 2 with PT 1 'game play' is something we should do ;D

But back to the topic, I like your video... too bad she's not riding hopy ;)

I have some theoretical idea how to do it. You can use customize look to chose animation file (since CL is doing it already) and provide your file that contain animation for riding on different monsters; eg. running and walking animations are going to be replaced with mob running and all player attacks are going to be replaced with mob attack animation. Also some mobs have potion animation so it can be used too.
Skills need to be disabled unless you are planing to spend huge amount of time reanimating everything for different mounts.
So... so far we have 2 biped systems, one for mob an one for player in one file animated together.
Now only problem is mob mesh. You could add it to legs (or any other part) in CL but .ASE object limit is wooden leg of this idea.
I know that sandurr was planing to rewrite PT a bit so 4 model parts would be in 4 different files but since rPT is down I don't think there will be any info bout that. I'm not sure how to do that but since he said so I think it is possible. I guess I would have to force PT to not destroy my object unless its from same file. I never tried so I can't say much about this.

I don't see problem with disabling skills or triggering mount, we can rewrite /model command to do this (/mount hope)
At this point player = mount so we need to add speed or some other stats. And that would be all =P I don't have much time lately so I can only help a little but it's definitely possible.

PS. Things would go faster if someone would crack PT animation files back to .ini

___EDIT___

*모양파일 "char\monster\hammer_goblin\hammer_goblin.INI"
*예비모델 "char\monster\Monhobgoblin\Monhobgoblin-a.INI"

This look interesting. If added hammer could contain bones and be animated than this is something that ScreamingFox is looking for (partly ;)).

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm. So the player becomes a monster, and the mosters' weapon is a player?

Here's an idea. How about having your mount as a special "weapon"?

If you cannot use your weapon but the monster will fight for you, then switching the default set of animations is the only thing required? (it's all I can think of right now)

So, when you equip the "mount" in your hand (it's a 2H weapon) animation (BIPs) are switched. Frame ranges are stored in the .ini / .inx so with the BIPs in your ASE at extended ranges you can replace the ini / inx for the player when these special weapons are equipped.

Now, instead of wielding a weapon in your hands, you are wielding it between your legs. (a very natural "pose" for most males :lol:)

Provided the saddle area of all mounts is approximately at the same spacial co-ordinates and running is roughly the same, any mesh can be placed in the "between legs" weapon. :S I hope that makes sense, though it's starting to "sound" even crazier than the initial proposition. :lol:

The advantage of this is that you are only using an existing, and at that point in game-play, free model slot in normal animations, and switching out the animation files. In fact, there already are different animations for 1H Sword, 1H Axe, 1H Mace, 2H Sword, 2H Axe, 2H Mace, Polearm, Wand, Staff, Bow and Crossbow. So it *may* be possible to either extend this to add a 2H Mount weapon, or to use the switch animation method (a single *new* feature yet to be added) to gain Short Mount, Medium Mount, Tall Mount, Low Flying Mount, Medium Flying Mount, High Flying Mount, Lumbering Mount, Feline Mount etc. animations?

--- EDIT ---
No, you couldn't switch out the INX object in memory, or all players of a certain class would mount up when you do, and dismount when you do. :( Bugger! So it would have to be a new kind of weapon, and that has all sorts of implications for item lists and classifications. :/:

Last edited:
Reaction score
MAYBE, i have a tip for you =D...
try to use this command
"/body"
this command need the parameters: "mB001","mB002" ...
all INX of TMABCD files =x
this command is very userfull...
but... they have a bug!!! they are made to read .ini file... so for use it u need to edit in hex :
char\tmABCD\%s.ini
search by string and only replace that i by a X
char\tmABCD\%s.inx
so ur command will work.. when u put this file to read u can load some monster .... =x

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It may be more simple to have the character transform into the mount instead of riding on top of it.

Similar to a big head potion or something: the user could consume an item, transform for X amount of seconds into whatever beast with a nice bonus to speed, then get transformed back.

Just my 0.02 USD / 2 cents on that.

WoW has some classes that have a skill that transforms themselves into a mount after all. So it's pretty similar in that regard. No worrying over the actual characters that way.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Travel form. Yes DK. But actually, the big head potion only replaces the head model, and nothing else. What we would *like* is to replace some other part... Boots would be good, because you could have "riding boots".

I do accept your suggestion that a werewolf like transformation would avoid the nastyness of armour meshes though. ^_^

/mymodel already provides that ability. :D

Reaction score
/myhairmodel << head potion/big head
/mymodel <<< all ( BODY AND HEAD )
/Body <<< body(only)
with /body command, u can chage that TMABCD for a monster folder and use this =x... will work too...
but the way to do that "mount" way will be changing the INX ( TMABCD ) file... and make hin call a mob when u select it =x.. like a female character...

anyone knows how that .inx files works?

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Several of us know "vaguely" how they work.

They store animations from and to frames to associate with actions.

Just as SMD and SMB files are binary caches of ASE script files, INX files are a binary cache of an animation sequence INI script.

Here is an example of the original script:-
Code:
// 캐릭터 주인공 설정값

*모양파일	death_knight.ASE

*정밀모양	"deathknight"
//*보통모양	"deathknight"

*동작파일	death_knight.ASE

*동작모음	"death_knight.ASE"

*서있기동작	10		70	반복
*걷는동작		80		116	반복
*뛰는동작		120		144	반복
*공격동작		320		364				
*공격동작1	380		425	
*공격동작2	440		485	
*공격동작3	250		310	
*공격동작4	570		630	
*타격동작		150		173	K
*기술동작		500		560	N	
*죽기동작		180		238	A
*끝
Equivalent of the death_knight.inx, ofc.

You will see that the path to the original ASE is expanded to a partially qualified path from the point of view of the executable.

Here's an English translation of the script:-
Code:
// Hero characters setting

*Shape	death_knight.ASE

*PrecisionShape	"deathknight"
//*NormalShape	"deathknight"

*동작파일	death_knight.ASE

*Action	"death_knight.ASE"

*Standing		10		70	Repeat
*Walking		80		116	Repeat
*Jumping		120		144	Repeat
*Attack			320		364				
*Attack1		380		425	
*Attack2		440		485	
*Attack3		250		310	
*Attack4		570		630	
*Strike			150		173	K
*SkillStrike		500		560	N	
*Death			180		238	A
*End
And finally, I'll share, what I believe to be a reasonably complete list of keywords:-
Code:
특별표정
고유표정
놀란표정
슬픈표정
화난표정
웃는표정
무표정(작동않함)
눈깜빡표정
오표정
이표정
아표정