• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Can't connect with WAN...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, so I had everything working on LAN mode, and was able to play for quite awhile with little to no glitches (a few hiccups along the way, but it was working at least), but when I tried to set it up on WAN mode...well, a whole new can of worms was opened up. At the current moment, I can't connect at all, nor can anyone on the LAN server, the WAN players can't seem to connect and keep getting an error saying that the server is down, but I've forwarded all the ports, followed both tutorials (the how to get players and how to setup the server tutorials)..so I'm at my wits ends here on how to fix this. Any help would be really appreciated.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Try disabling your firewall (Windows Firewall, or another software firewall) then see if it works. If it does, then you can configure it to allow connections.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks xkl, but it turns out, it wasn't my firewall, I think I had set up my ip incorrectly since I tried it again today with 127.0.0.1 and it worked all of a sudden with my friends able to connect.

Back