Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cant Make Account.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello I am a Noob to priston tale server development. I was wondering if anyone could explain what im doing wrong. I have followed all the guides but when i try to log into the game it says Error wrong account. I went to the database and made the account and even restart everything but i still get that error. could anyone add me on skype and maybe talk me through this. If so that would be wonderful. My skype is ravergirl36
Thank you

Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I haven't got a foggiest notion of what exactly this might be, but i can gift you with this one clue:

-Check again files like idata.bmp , hotuk.(i forgot), server and client side, etc.. and that one that goes into the registry which i also forgot the name.. they should all 'point' to the address and name of your server.. check again the tutorial you used or if you used none check one of the available on those subjects (those files you have to configure).. perhaps this would solve..

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
I used to deal with this kind of issue some years ago, though I don't clearly remember what I did to solve it. But I do remember that it's not such a complicated problem + it's an easy solution. Anyways, just make sure all files (such as fox mentioned "idata.bmp, hotuk.ini, both client and server side + the registry (start menu-> run -> "regedit" -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> Software -> look for PristonTale (I think) I haven't got the files right here + haven't been dealing with PT stuff for a couple of yeas but I think that's right!

P.S. Run the server on localhost just to try if it possibly works better, if you already do so - good luck!
P.S.S. Make sure you created the account (manually) the correct way, it's worth a double-check. (I always double check things even though im very sure I made it correct just in case I forgot something)!

Sincerely,
Swezid

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"Wrong account" is a very strange error message, but we don't know what client you are using, and the specific lines could have been edited, or translated using different wording to those I'm used to.

It sounds to me more like you have SQL information errors. [highlight]Note:[/highlight] both the "Manual Account Creation" guides (using MS SQL Management Studio) and older QuantumFusion (DynamicFusion) ASP pages enter incorrect account details, if you are using more recent SQLdll.dll and Clan.dll files. You can rename these files and see if you can log in without them. ^_^ The SQL data in each of those works fine provided you are only accessing via ODBC, but IIRC the SQL libraries need more details. (billing dates or some such)

Again, just off the top of my head, it wasn't anything major either, just something different between "null" and "NULL" or "0" for the odd field or something silly like that.

Anyway. I recommend you try renaming (or moving ... I tend to shift to the desktop temporarily) those two DLLs, just to see if my suspicion is right first of all. We can work on the details later, if it proves correct. :D:

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
I know i've had this problem before, but i have no memory that it was about SQL server. Anyways, i'll just leave this to you bob since i've been off PT for such a long while ^.^ and i'm sure you're right.

Take care

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You may not have associated it with being SQL related. The older DLLs, which I'm sure you would have used, picked up the database instance from the system registry files (as ScreamingFox mentioned) and having incorrect registry would have produced a similar response. This is less likely if you are using dlls following Gregoos' method of embedding the instance connection details; and that is (I suspect) more common these days. (it seems to resolve many similar issues as each string is only listed once, so you can't make a typo in just one string... they are either all correct, or all wrong ^_^)

Also, it may not be the correct solution. I simply think it's a good and easily describable test to try. Once tried, you learn something, and discount a lot of possibilities you could otherwise waste time trying to debug when there is nothing wrong with them. If I where to make a decision diagram for troubleshooting login issues, with little knowledge of what is causing them, (ie. you haven't changed something recently which seems to have caused this issue where login worked fine before) that would often be my first choice diamond.

Can you log in?
Yes = It's all good. \o/
No = :(: If you move the SQLdll and Clan dll files and restart the server, can you log in then?
Yes = Okay, so put them back. Now; Do you use registry configured DLLs or Gregoo style embedded DLLs?
Registry = Check the sql.reg file details against MSSQLMS login details, re-apply and restart the server if there are any differences... Can you log in yet?
Yes = It's all good. \o/
No = Let's look at the actual account record ...
...​
Embedded = Did you create these yourself (on or with ) or are you using files someone gave you?
Someone gave me = That's your problem. :wink: Go create your own, and then answer the previous diamond correctly. :lol:
Created them = You can try checking the details in a Hex Editor, but it's probably just as easy to re-run the creation process and be very careful to check, type and double-check the details carefully, now that you know how critical it is that they are correct. ^_^ Try again, and return to the beginning of this diagram if problems persist
No = Are you sure you have the ODBC connection set correctly? Can you connect using a standard ODBC client ...
...​
etc.

And the diagram would go on and on and on with many branches and decisions, but listing them all quickly becomes *very* confusing for new users, so let's KISS (Keep It Simple Stoopid :wink:) and take each of them, one at a time, taking only the branches relevant to this particular person. ^_^

At least... that's the idea. Until someone starts pressing for TMI (Too Much Information) all at once.

ie. Stop being greedy swezid, you'll only confuse the poor child. :wink:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Mine is x32. I have another question. The clan files that are released here. How do i get the asp files to load? I have looked it up but i cant find a IIS server to download so is there another way?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ASP pages are loaded by IIS, translated (dynamically) into html and uploaded to your players web browser to create an account (which saves problems manually entering SQL data) and, for the clan scripts, to their game client when playing. :D:

IIS is included with *most* versions of Windows which the server will operate with. (other web servers can be used, but the clan script files would need to be different) To find IIS, add it from ... hmm "Additional components" (??) in the "Add & Remove Programs" control panel in 2K / XP / 2k3, or "Turn Windows features on or off" in "Programs and Features" control panel of Vista / Win7 / 2k8.

To clarify, you don't "load them", you just place them in the folder IIS is hosting and it will use them.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have IIS now. One issue i am having now is I cannot get internet on my Virtual Machine. I am using Windows Server 2003. Some reason I can't connect to the internet. I am not sure what i did. :( This game is way harder than Dekaron server. lol But I like the challenge of learning something new.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Often... I think my PPT setup in a VM should be pretty simple, and Vormavs' Linux VM is extremely easy, if you have a beefy enough PC to run it. Both are very basic servers though, and you'd have to swap out lots of bits to bring more features to them.

Anyway... what VM are you using? VMWare, VirtualBox, VirtualPC? I'm not sure about Bochs or KVM / KQEMU but they may work too.

Are you working on Virtual NAT, Host Only, Bridged or Virtual NIC? If you run a LAN, then any NAT connection will be on a different VLAN / Hostmask, and so the Virtual Machine will be firewalled from the internet by your router. Bridging should share your hosts IP, which means you can't play from your host (I think) but any other PC on your LAN should be fine. I usually use a Virtual NIC, so that the Virtual OS gets an IP via DHCP from my router and looks, to all machines, like a new PC attached to the home LAN.

If you can tell us what VM software you use I can give details to check, and use the terminology that software company uses. The principal is the always the same though.

--- EDIT ---
Here's a universal check! Run IPConfig from the command prompt on both host and guest OS. (UAC Admin, not required) This will tell you the IP address assigned to each network connection.

On the host, there are probably several "Virtual" connections created by the VM software, but your hardware IP (probably "Local Area Network" maybe with a number after it) is the one you want to take note of.

If the guest OS (2003 server) is using the same IP, it's bridged. (I don't think it is) If the first three numbers, in dotted notation, are the same, then it's a Virtual NIC, and something else must be blocking. (I doubt this too) If it's a completely different number, it's either host only, or on a Virtual NAT. This needs to be reconfigured while the Virtual Machine is powered down.

Virtual NAT is fine if you only want to access it from your host PC. But it can't get updates or anything from the internet like that, and you probably can't access it from other PCs on your LAN. (depends on the NAT logic in your home Router / Router Modem) That would require managing multiple VLANs in a managed switch / router. You probably don't have that kind of tech at home.

Last edited:
Back