Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

chat/gm and more

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have some questions regarding the server, I'm very new to the subject, excuse my ignorance
1 - this message that appears in the chat how do I disable it
2 - with this gm console that appears in the image I can spawn some item for me or it works only with these basic settings of it (activate/deactivate invincibility etc)
3- how do i change the server time
4 - Do I need to change any settings to generate world bosses?

duvida - chat/gm and more - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Solution
1)I got informed about it thanks to some wonderful people in the FW Development Community:
Debug messages may be targeted by looking at the server source,commenting the code and recompiling the gs

*Disable that specific message in wgame/player.cpp
Code:
        if (pCtrl->GetDebugMode())
        {
//            char buf[128];
//            sprintf(buf,"fatigue=%d,total_amount=%d", kill_npc_fatigue, _monster_daily_killed);
//            Say(buf);
        }

*Also you may disable all the debug messages in wgame/player_imp.h
Code:
    inline bool GetDebugMode()
    {
//        return _debug_command_enable;
        return false;
    }
->These messages are reminder that debug mode is enabled. In that...
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have some questions regarding the server, I'm very new to the subject, excuse my ignorance
1 - this message that appears in the chat how do I disable it
2 - with this gm console that appears in the image I can spawn some item for me or it works only with these basic settings of it (activate/deactivate invincibility etc)
3- how do i change the server time
4 - Do I need to change any settings to generate world bosses?

View attachment 235969
Turn off server's debug mode
Mobs generator could be disabled in gs, so better use console commands. Server time is ur linux local time.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1)I got informed about it thanks to some wonderful people in the FW Development Community:
Debug messages may be targeted by looking at the server source,commenting the code and recompiling the gs

*Disable that specific message in wgame/player.cpp
Code:
        if (pCtrl->GetDebugMode())
        {
//            char buf[128];
//            sprintf(buf,"fatigue=%d,total_amount=%d", kill_npc_fatigue, _monster_daily_killed);
//            Say(buf);
        }

*Also you may disable all the debug messages in wgame/player_imp.h
Code:
    inline bool GetDebugMode()
    {
//        return _debug_command_enable;
        return false;
    }
->These messages are reminder that debug mode is enabled. In that situation any person with a developer client may use debug commands which is very dangerous unless you limit it to a role ID or something.
https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/using-console-for-gm-only.1194579/

2)What you're using is just what's unlocked when your character is a GM(CTRL+G).
We tend to activate debug mode to use debug commands.
->This will help you greatly in the testing process and teach your the basics:
https://forum.ragezone.com/threads/how-to-add-items-to-the-character.1213112/

3)Server time is linked to the time of the Virtual Machine or the operating system in which you are running the server files.
So depending on the situation look for ways to change timezone or change time in Google and start server with the change applied.

4)I suppose that you want to add new World Bosses?
-Use existing resources to learn how they added monsters and bosses.
-Add your boss as new item in Monsters_Essence in elements.data
-Modify npcgen.data and add it at the chosen map.

->It gets increasingly more difficult depending on the complexity of what you want to do and you may modify aipolicy or create your own lua files in gamed/config/aiscript.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Back