Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CHMOD Question! Why nobody helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Travianz require changing the CHMOD of "GameEngine" and "Install" to 777

My web host doesnt allow CHMOD 777. They only allow 755 for folders and 644 for files.

I have 2 questions :

1. The installation will be wrong if i installed the game with CHMOD 755 for folders and 644 for files?

2. What can i do if my web host doesnt allow CHMOD 777? I mean alternative solutions.

EDIT: I have re-installed the game using 755. but i cant login with my Multihunter account.

Why this happened like that?

Here is my server

try to register an account and check it yourself and tell me what can i DO :S

Help please

:huh:

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The newest TravianZ files do not require Chmodding. I don't think so... if it does then it should say in the instructions. If you are using an older version than you will probably experience bugs.

I have always found Chmodding to kinda be guess and check for me. Play around with it for a bit and if you need further help feel free to add me on skype.
Delview9994

GoodLuck.
--Brandon

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Same question here, without 777 TravianZ files installator wont create some files, including config and without those server wont work.

Bob, you arent right here, newest Travianz files also requires 777 rights.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Same question here, without 777 TravianZ files installator wont create some files, including config and without those server wont work.

Bob, you arent right here, newest Travianz files also requires 777 rights.

Actually, if you wan't to know what really happens is that it all depends on how your install. Some hosts you don't have to chmod, some do. The way the install tells you to install is wrong and it will not work.

I know how to install though. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back