• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Client Crash

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using PokeConnect.
I have the server running and setup on Linux(Sabayon/Gentoo),I can connect to my server locally, but when I try to do it, via my IP/No-IP it crashes the second I hit [ENTER] after writing my account and password.
My question is, What am I doing wrong?

Let me know if you need additional information.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This happened to me also when I tried using No-IP. I didn't know what it was, didn't really mess with it. Just kept it local. But it's probably spacing, or something similar.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This happened to me also when I tried using No-IP. I didn't know what it was, didn't really mess with it. Just kept it local. But it's probably spacing, or something similar.

You mean it is something to do with the sources?
Thanks for the reply.

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah, like the client had a problem reading the host name. But I don't know why it crashes. You could use Hamachi if you wanna get off local.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, like the client had a problem reading the host name. But I don't know why it crashes. You could use Hamachi if you wanna get off local.

I doubt Hamachi is for Linux AFIAK.

Back