Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Client emulator?

Reaction score
Is there any project to emulate the client?

I have seen a great server side open source project like OpenMU.

And I was wondering if anyone was already working on emulating the client.

Reaction score
Yes, there is or was a project in C++ called, if I'm remembering this correctly, it was Elion MU. It's a version of MU recoded in C++ with a newer DX/OpenGL versions. It's not really an emulated client, but more like a remastered version of it, but afaik it's closed source project.

Also, you don't actually need an emulated client. There's already the original Main.exe source code released for 5.2 season. You can start from there cause you have a free hand.

Many developers are working with this source because it's more intuitive and makes more sense to reuse things from 5.2 season to bring it up to Season 6 for example, or even later versions of it.

šŸ²The Myth ā€¢ āš”ļøThe Legend
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Yes, there is or was a project in C++ called, if I'm remembering this correctly, it was Elion MU. It's a version of MU recoded in C++ with a newer DX/OpenGL versions. It's not really an emulated client, but more like a remastered version of it, but afaik it's closed source project.

Also, you don't actually need an emulated client. There's already the original Main.exe source code released for 5.2 season. You can start from there cause you have a free hand.

Many developers are working with this source because it's more intuitive and makes more sense to reuse things from 5.2 season to bring it up to Season 6 for example, or even later versions of it.
ElionMu with Pinkof?
Isn't pinkof the owner of ArgMu ?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Yes, that's the one. It's Pinkof's and SirMaster's project.
Not sure about the ArgMu. Really not knowing about his project, but I follow up from time to time different interesting developments of MU.

Do you know if there is someone who is collaborating on the source code of the Main?
Someone here on RZ posted this.

Last edited:
Back