Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Client error, i need assistance..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was hoping someone can help me with my problem, i recently finished setting up my PT server, for network gaming only. Sad to say, i'm encountering hopefully its just a minor problem. I was able to enter the game but after the character stops blinking, my client crashes. Tried to make my character pass level 10, to remove the pet but its the same problem. i tried it with different servers (TodyServerFiles,Fusion,Ultimate,Server619) but its the same problem. Tried also with different clients and game.exe, but i'm still encountering the same problem. And i also notice from my tcp view that the client is connecting to localhost:2424, what is this connection for? im hoping anyone can help me.

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Make sure you have your IP in your server hotuk.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, i didn't forget that thing. As far as i have done, i manage to configured my server and client. Copied every files that are required in setting up a server and client. Maybe i am missing something in the process?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Disable XTrap, nProtect and GameGuard... then check that if you have a GM Hotuk.ini in your client, you have the right to use it in your server Hotuk.ini.

DO NOT use both your user ID AND your IP to allocate yourself (or anyone else) ADMIN and / or DEBUG rights. Choose one or the other.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Disable XTrap, nProtect and GameGuard...

Sir, I'm sure my client folder don't have these, and I tried to edit some of the game.exe and already tried to use those with already edited (no xtrap).

then check that if you have a GM Hotuk.ini in your client, you have the right to use it in your server Hotuk.ini.

I managed to acquire different hotuk.ini's for client and server, and used it but nonetheless i got the same error.

Server hotuk im using at the moment

*BELATRA_TEXT
*BELATRA_MONSTER
*BELATRA_DIVSCORE
*EVENT_HARDCORE
*BELATRA_TAX 30
*MODE SERVER
*SERVER_CODE 0
*SERVER_AUTOPLAY

*SERVER_NAME "Nome Do Servidor"
*GAME_SERVER "Nome Do Servidor" 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
*SERVER_LINK_IP 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1

*TT_DATA_SERVER
*SERVER_RECORD_MEM
*RECORD_JOBCHANGER
*REC_ADMIN_CMD
*CHECK_PLAYFIELD
*SERVER_INVENTORY
*NOTICE_URL
*RECORD ITEM
*RECORD COPIED ITEM
*RECORD COPIED ITEM IN WAREHOUSE
*CLIENT_CHECK_FUNC
//*CLAN_SERVER 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80
//*ENABLE_CLAN 127.0.0.1 80 127.0.0.1 80

*MAX_USERS 200

//*CHECK_POTION_COUNT 800
*ENABLE_PARTYITEM
*PERMIT_EXP 100000000000
*ENABLE_SERVER_EXP 20000000000
*PERMIT_MONEY 20000000000

*EVENT_MOLLYWOLF
*EVENT_POTION 30
*EVENT_MORIFSHELTOM
*EVENT_VALENTINEDAY
*EVENT_SANTAGOBLIN
*EVENT_BIRTHDAY
*EVENT_BABELHORN
*EVENT_PUZZLE
*EVENT_EXPUP 900
*EVENT_BLESSCASTLE
*EVENT_CHILD
*EVENT_SUMMER_CHICKEN
*EVENT_NINEFOX
*EVENT_BITMASK 32

*BACKUP_FOLDER_NAME "C:\Logs"
*BACKUP_PATH "C:\Logs"

*DEBUG_ID userid1 userid2 userid3 userid4
//*DEBUG_IP
*ADMIN_NAME "Admin"

*ADMIN_COMMAND "GM1"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "GM2"
*ADMIN_COMMAND "GM3"

Client Hotuk
*MODE WINDOW
MFC40.DLL Copyright-2002 /0
#Copyright-2002 Copyright-2002 Copyright-2002 ^^
#¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì ^^
*MODE WINDOW
*È­¸é¸ðµå ¼­¹ö¸ðµå
//english admin mode
MFC40.DLL Copyright-2002 /0
//japanese
ÇÎÅ©»ö ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì /0
//korean
(¿ÕÃʺ¸°¡À̵å) Æ÷Àå´ÜüÁÖ¹®È¯¿µ /0
//ÇÎÅ©»ö ¸Á»ç¶Ë²¿ÆÒƼ¼Ó±ôÀå°³¹Ì /0

#*¹è°æÈ­¸é
#*¸Þ´ºÈ­¸é
#*PLAYERSKIN
#*³ª»Û³ð
#*ÁöÇü¸ðµ¨
#*ÁöÇü¹°Ã¼
#*¹è°æ¹à±â
#*¹è°æ¼±¸íµµ
#*Á¶¸í°¢µµ
#*¼­¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*¼­¹öÆ÷Æ®
#*È­¸éÇ°Áú
#*°üÂûÀÚ¸ðµå
#*µ¥ÀÌŸ¼­¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*µ¥ÀÌŸ¼­¹öÆ÷Æ®
#*ij¸¯Åͼ­¹öÁÖ¼Ò
#*ij¸¯Åͼ­¹öÆ÷Æ®

DO NOT use both your user ID AND your IP to allocate yourself (or anyone else) ADMIN and / or DEBUG rights. Choose one or the other.

Currently i'm not using these part of the hotuk.ini, i left it as it was when i downloaded the file.

Dammed, im so desperate. Now, im trying to download a base complete PT client and afterwards add and overwrite some files later for connecting to my server. Mr bobsobol, do you thinks these clients will do?

PT client V2.00.0, got it from a brazilian guide.

and

Gothic Full Client

and these are the game exe's ill be using:

BloodPT
kptgame1871noxtrap
1873_quantumfusion

Tried with these servers
FusionPT repack
Server_619
UltimatePT
Tody Server

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, i really need your help. I'm definitely lost. I'm still having this error even now that i'm using the KPT client with bloodpt.exe. The worse case scenario is that even with the online private server clients, if i use it to connect to the their server. i'm having the same error. Please help guys. :?::?::?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So far i tried to follow this DEP guide from this site and it works , i hope it will last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
edit the ptreg.rgx
change there the IP to yours. (If you want to use a local server, uses 127.0.0.1 as your IP)
Are you using SQL.dll? If yes remove it and do it by ODBC it is much easier for you as beginner. Check in your hotuk.ini (server side) If you changed the IP. And make sure you copied from KPT folder char & field into your server folder.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the reply, as i mentioned i already finished setting up my server. Managed to edit all i need to edit. but the problem is with the client when i connect to the server. Actually with the solution that worked for me, adding the program or the game.exe into the exclusion list of DEP (Data Execution Prevention). I tried removing/adding the game.exe into the list, what can you say? when its on the exclusion list my client works perfectly. The problem is with the DEP.
Thanks for all the response.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
DEP is usually turned down to only being checked on system software (In C:\Windows) under XP, and for all programs on 2003.

Most private clients fail DEP because of the added sections (KPTTrans etc) being allocated as both "Writeable" and "Executable" which allows for "self-modifying code", most commonly used for creating evolving virus or trojan to bypass Anti-Malware... but also for compressed or encrypted code. DEP specifically tries to stop buffer overrun attacks which fill a data buffer with rubbish until it runs into a code area, in order to then put code in the "buffer" and run it.

In this case, (PT clients) it's done for convenience. Easier to create one section and put all code and new data tables in it than to create one for code with the "executable" flag, and one for data with the "writeable" flag, but not the "executable" one.

IMHO, clients should be DEP friendly. There is no reason why our edits can't be done DEP friendly, except we are lazy. :(:

Last edited:
Back