Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Client Problem

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried looking throughout this section for a solution to this problem but I haven't found one yet. My client won't launch. This is the error I get via CMD.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -D
java.library.path=lib/native -jar Pokenet.jar
Path: null
Sun May 13 00:41:01 MDT 2012 INFO:Initialising sounds..
Sun May 13 00:41:01 MDT 2012 INFO:Slick Build #266
Sun May 13 00:41:01 MDT 2012 INFO:LWJGL Version: 2.2.1
Sun May 13 00:41:01 MDT 2012 INFO:OriginalDisplayMode: 1920 x 1080 x 32 @60Hz
Sun May 13 00:41:01 MDT 2012 INFO:TargetDisplayMode: 800 x 600 x 0 @0Hz
Sun May 13 00:41:02 MDT 2012 INFO:- Sound works
Sun May 13 00:41:02 MDT 2012 INFO:- 64 OpenAL source available
Sun May 13 00:41:02 MDT 2012 INFO:- Sounds source generated
Sun May 13 00:41:02 MDT 2012 INFO:Starting display 800x600
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:64)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glMatrixMode(GL11.java:1961)
at org.newdawn.slick.opengl.renderer.ImmediateModeOGLRenderer.initDispla
y(ImmediateModeOGLRenderer.java:46)
at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.initGL(GameContainer.java:682)
at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.initSystem(GameContainer.java:707)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.setup(AppGameContainer.java:378)
at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.start(AppGameContainer.java:314)
at org.pokenet.client.GameClient.main(GameClient.java:900)
Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.
AL10.nalGenBuffers(ILjava/nio/IntBuffer;I)V
at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalGenBuffers(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alGenBuffers(AL10.java:990)
at org.newdawn.slick.openal.SoundStore.getOgg(SoundStore.java:844)
at org.newdawn.slick.openal.SoundStore.getOgg(SoundStore.java:811)
at org.newdawn.slick.openal.AudioLoader.getAudio(AudioLoader.java:57)
at org.pokenet.client.backend.SoundManager.loadFiles(SoundManager.java:9
1)
at org.pokenet.client.backend.SoundManager.run(SoundManager.java:109)

What could I be doing wrong? The client does not seem to like me :(

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
loll yeah its good to know the lib files are out dated but what do we do ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ill spoon feed you seeing as you aren't able to work it out yourself... Download LWJGL and Slick2D libraries, I'm sure you're capable of googling them. In the server/client folder there is a lib folder, overwrite the old with the new, youll need the LWJGL native as well

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ill spoon feed you seeing as you aren't able to work it out yourself... Download LWJGL and Slick2D libraries, I'm sure you're capable of googling them. In the server/client folder there is a lib folder, overwrite the old with the new, youll need the LWJGL native as well

LOL chill the duck out man. How the duck do you expect anyone to automatically assume they need those librarys for the Ducking thing to work out of the box? I've been coding Java for quiet some time now and I've never encountered server files I couldn't start up with ease. Just seems like poor user friendliness to me. Why include a library folder if you're not going to provide the most up to date libraries on the SVN? #mindfuck

SO the reason WHY nothing worked from scratch:

- original developer feels that uploading correct libraries on his svn is too easy and convenient
- sql file bundled with the server files not the correct sql file. thank god for some saint on this section who uploaded the correct one.
- server files require you to portforward even when running on localhost (lol). first time i've encountered such a thing.

anyway, if anyone else needs help to get stuff up and running just pm me lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im guessing you havent done much looking around on this section if you dont already know that Pokenet is infact a horrible horrible release, and is so buggy its probably not even worth using. Pokenet is also extremely old and hasnt been developed on in quite some time.

- I dont think default is the original developer he was just kind enough to upload copies to his own svn (could be wrong)
- yeah the sql is wrong but at least default courteously upload the source to his svn for people to check out
- Any server that isnt running on an open port and is going to be accessed externally needs to be port forwarded

Im glad to see you appreciate that someone has actually offered you the source, which was more to study than to be an out of the box perfect copy of the files. Seeing as you have apparently been coding in java for sometime you should probably know what an exception is and how to debug... Library checking is one of the many basic trouble-shooting anyone should try, especially if they're fluent in the language!

If you get it working and would like to make it more convenient for everyone youre welcome to upload a tutorial but as I mention this is extremely buggy and outdated and youre better off learning Sockets and making your own.

Back