• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Client setup problem

R

RenaTHB

Hello,
My question is probably very simple and might have also been asked already. Unfortunately my internet is running very, very slow which is making it very troublesome to search through the posts to see if this question was already asked and answered, so i apologize ahead of time.

So, following the "[DOWNLOAD] Client Mirrors" page I downloaded all of the following:
-RAG_SETUP0127.EXE
-SAK_SETUP0127.EXE
-Translation 6.0 Base
-Translation 6.1 Update
-Hex Client (the link on that particular post was broken, but I got a HexedRO.exe from another one of these tutorial posts. I assume that's what i need)
-The XML files
-The License txt

.:: PROBLEM ::.

I ran RAG_SETUP0127.EXE and it popped up as the ragnarok install, but with whacked out computer language (which I assume was supposed to be korean)... Just using general computer-install knowledge I guessed the right buttons to advance and install. Now when i run Ragnarok.exe from C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\ it pops up with the updater (in funky computer language) and does this:

"Attempt to connect file server. Please wait..."
"Failed to get @#%(@#@*%)@%@*)%)@*#%)@*%@)#%"

So now what do I do? I have all those other files I downloaded, and to be honest I have no idea what they are for. Am I supposed to install one of them first before I try to update? There were some other posts suggesting downloading the official files and fully updating those, but then another post said to NOT do that. So i'm a little confused. I'm sure the answer is simple, but I am very slow and not very good at this stuff. Thank you in advance for any help.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what do you want to do? you want to play KRO? play RO private server? or make your own private server & play in LAN?
tell me what you want, i'll try to help.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yea i got that messages too while trying to play on my own server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
genryu..
what server do u use???(eathena,svn,.......)

30 Seconds.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what i use :/,I downloaded everything (FINALLY) and it says failed to connect server <.<.

Back