Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Client will not connect to server-- "Response Delayed"

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I recently had to reformat my PC and I did my best to back up the server and client files so that resetup the local offline server. I have the server up and running as such:

My featurematrix endpoint points to the right place... Everything seems as though it should be up and running a-ok, however when I try to login, the server does not show up and when I attempt to login it gives me a "server response delayed" error. Can anyone help me out here?

I'm really wracking my brain here-- if anyone could throw me any ideas they'd be appreciated. I was really enjoying developing on this platform.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Check if your webserver is on and working fine. Also look at the EndPoint.txt (should be pointing to the right IP)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Check if your webserver is on and working fine. Also look at the EndPoint.txt (should be pointing to the right IP)
Wamp shows all green-- The EndPoint.txt points to "127.0.0.1" "27015" which should be correct/ What is the second number there? A port? How do I figure out what that number should​ be?

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Wamp shows all green-- The EndPoint.txt points to "127.0.0.1" "27015" which should be correct/ What is the second number there? A port? How do I figure out what that number should​ be?

27015 is fine. Can you access the EndPoint URL through your web browser?

Also, are you sure that the correct db is being used client-wise? Your engine.dll should be modified to use the heroes.db3 in the sql folder and not in the hfs. Just make sure that is the case.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
27015 is fine. Can you access the EndPoint URL through your web browser?

Also, are you sure that the correct db is being used client-wise? Your engine.dll should be modified to use the heroes.db3 in the sql folder and not in the hfs. Just make sure that is the case.

No, I cannot access the endpoint URL, "http://127.0.0.1/en-EU-x-GM/endpoint.txt"
It should be all the same-- I copied my server and client folders from the initial installation. How would I modify the engine.dll to double check anyway? Though, it should the same as I set it up initially because I literally copied it to an alternate harddrive before formatting the primary one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No, I cannot access the endpoint URL, "http://127.0.0.1/en-EU-x-GM/endpoint.txt"
It should be all the same-- I copied my server and client folders from the initial installation. How would I modify the engine.dll to double check anyway? Though, it should the same as I set it up initially because I literally copied it to an alternate harddrive before formatting the primary one.

That sounds like your WAMP installation is not working properly, you should try reinstalling it

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That sounds like your WAMP installation is not working properly, you should try reinstalling it
I reinstalled Wamp-- Noticed the apache service wouldn't hook on port. I can now connect to my endpoint.txt in my browser at , however I still receive the same error in game, "Server response delayed"

EDIT: I just thought about it for a second-- I probably need to fix that in featurematrix as well.

DOUBLE EDIT: Yep, did the trick! Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back