Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cyberpowerpc recently bought computer.

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Rishwin and the other guys who gave me advice to build your own computer. Tbh, I've seen too many horrible reviews of DOA and RMA. I'm also lazy and never built a computer so if anything goes wrong I would not be able to tell which part is messing up the start up either. So I didn't want to deal will all this stuff so I decided to get a pc from cyberpowerpc.

Here are the specs:

Code:
BLUETOOTH: None
CAS: CoolerMaster Elite 430 Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Side Panel Window [-11]
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: AMD Athlon™II X4 640 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [-60]
CS_FAN: Default case fans
ENGRAVING: NONE
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_MO: None
FREEBIE_VC1: FREE Game - Shogun 2 Coupon: Total War [+0]
FREEGAME_VC02: None
GLASSES: None
HDD: 60 GB ADATA S510 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD – 550MB/s Read & 500MB/s Write [-30] (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow Expert Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+70]
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair XMS Gaming Memory with Heat Spreader)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
NCSW: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: * 750 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+97]
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+105] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None

Came out to be $800 with rebate $30 off and checked Newegg for prices came out to be a total of $950.

So I think I saved $150 plus, cyberpowerpc gave me 3 year warranty labor and 1 year warranty of parts :)

I'm excited, also ibuypower is overpriced so i went with this one.

Regards.

P.S. What do you think about my specs? and the price?

Also it's coming with blackwidow razer keyboard :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
most prebuilt computers void your warranty when you open them, you MUST order already all that's going to be inside, based on the size of your SSD you're probably thinking of adding a hard drive, well if it's gonna be an internal hard drive it would void your warranty to add it after you ordered it

also the CPU is meh

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
most prebuilt computers void your warranty when you open them, you MUST order already all that's going to be inside, based on the size of your SSD you're probably thinking of adding a hard drive, well if it's gonna be an internal hard drive it would void your warranty to add it after you ordered it

also the CPU is meh

I don't know where you buy your prebuilt computer from but I highly doubt they will void my warranty after I open it.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I have an Toshiba external 750GB hard drive so I just got the SSD instead.

Reaction score
Horrible SSD, horrible CPU, average motherboard, absolutely no idea why it's water-cooled or why you need a 750W PSU for all of that.

The $500 budget PC from the buying guide will out-perform this easily.

At least if you had built it, let us troubleshoot any problems, take out the part and RMA it, put it back in and you're ready to go. If anything happens with this, you'll have to ship the entire PC back to them i'd imagine.

Reactions: NTV

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Horrible SSD, horrible CPU, average motherboard, absolutely no idea why it's water-cooled or why you need a 750W PSU for all of that.

The $500 budget PC from the buying guide will out-perform this easily.

At least if you had built it, let us troubleshoot any problems, take out the part and RMA it, put it back in and you're ready to go. If anything happens with this, you'll have to ship the entire PC back to them i'd imagine.

Water cooling came in for free idk. And 750W, the people there said its required for me to get at least 700W, and corsair brand was the best one. Idk lol. Now that I think about it I think I might of gotten ripped off.

Reaction score
Without that useless water cooling, that system needs less than 500W.

$100 for CPU
$100 for Mobo
$100 for PSU
$170 for GPU
$150 for SSD
$100 for keyboard
$100 for case

Sure, all the money you spent is there in parts, but the same performance could have been achieved by cutting back on certain components. They didn't rip you off, but they probably convinced you that you needed things which you in fact don't.

Reactions: NTV
Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cyber power is known for hardware failure after the first year.
I used iBuyPower for mine but, thats because my bud works there so i got about 500 off and a full parts and labor 3 year warranty rather then the limited one. so if my liquid cooling happens to explod in my comp in the middle of year 3 i get a brand fuckin new comp.

Back