• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Damage Zone Generator

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Damage Zone Generator

This tool helps generating damage zones using version 2 format (aka bounding boxes)

generateDamageZone - Damage Zone Generator - RaGEZONE Forums

To use it, it's simple click on Get World Offset and load your map (.dat)
Then fill in the 2 opposite corners (you get those either on DEdit or ingame with a menu hack which is not provided here) then click on Generate damage zone and you should get the output right below.
Note : the ID must be changed to an empty spot else it won't consider your newly added damage zone.
Note 2 : you can't have other forms than squares and those cannot be rotated in any direction unless you figure out how to work with the format which is something I haven't really bothered looking into.

As a side note, I'll list the versions you can see in CrossFire :
- version 1 : the object type DamageZone exist but it should never be used in public clients because it doesn't support client errors
- version 2 : the one we're using here works with bounding boxes
- version 3 : a format that was introduced a bit after I made this app that uses triangles which allows for more complex damage zones

Virus Scans :
generateDamageZone.zip :
generateDamageZone_src.zip :

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back