Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dc in Sod

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Hello,
When my players etner sod everything fine but when they going into round 5..6..7.. the high rounds they get DC4 for some reason I've checked the EXP of the monsters and its high enough for cause a dc
any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
There is a new monsters for sod and they dont over the 300k exp and there is no dc4 in my server at all.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You contradict your-self again Imri... If there is no DC4 then you do not DC4 in SOD; if you DC4 in SOD then your server does DC4.

There is a fix which removes it from the game completely. It's not there, it cannot be executed, and you cannot see it displayed...
E V E R ! ! !

@zahara: you've been around long enough to know; is the DC4 fix client side only, or does it require a patch to the server as well?

Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Then how I remove the dc4 from sod bob?like i said the exp is not high.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Zahara: "3 bil" as in 3,000,000,000? 8o That is a lot. But doesn't answer the question of whether they are just in the client or in both the client and the server.

@IMRI: Quantumfusion released his clients with progressively more complete DC4 fixes... I'm not sure what DC4 meant to the original PT developers, but it seems to mean the client disconnected from the server because it cannot believe that your character data is valid, and rather than pass that unbelievable "game save" back to the server, it disconnects, tells you "DC4" and exits to the desktop.

I've seen DC4 over custom items, as well as Exp. So too much def, abs or damage will cause DC4 in some clients. If Zaharas' claim bears any relation to his actual experience there are surely many more.

The concern is that "fixing" DC4 makes the client easier to cheat with a "Cheat Engine" type patch.

Whatever is causing your DC4, it is either that the client doesn't believe your character stats, or that the server doesn't believe it and is telling the client so... though in my experience that amounts to "game save failed" which is a different error message. I've not patched DC4s, and don't have working SoD so I can't research your particular DC4 error. But I can envisage a situation where the server could request the client DC4, as well as the client choosing to DC4 of it's own accord.

Thanks to QF and others we have many examples of client side DC4 fix patching, but I've not seen DC4 claims on servers. That suggests, to me, that DC4 isn't ever pushed from the server. But it's only a suggestion, I've never seen anyone say, categorically that it is or isn't.

Anyway... I would find references to the DC4 string, and then set breakpoints on each routine that accesses it (where the $ is) then cause DC4 in your client by playing up to SoD. Then you know which routine (if there are more than one) calls DC4 in SoD, and can trace the return stack back until you find the branch code which is regularly executed (at least in SoD) and either correct it's tolerance, (make it believe the unbelievable) or disable the branching all-together. Or, correct your SoD monsters so that their stats are more believable to your client.

Fixing SoD would be more accurate, but harder to achieve. To fix the DC4 in the client you can just disable the clients "disbelief" system, to fix SoD you would have to work out exactly what it is about your SoD settings that the client doesn't believe. And that could well come down to a combination of the monsters def and abs combined with your players dmg amounting to an "overdamage" error... or something else.

Servers which employ DC4 and have mega-awesome donation items often test them on a Hopy before handing them out... Mega weapon + God Ring - Hopy often = DC4. (you killed this Hopy over 250 times in 1 hit, I don't believe it) XD

Of course, there is also the damage cap, which is there to avoid constant DC4s. When making uber customs, you then try to avoid critical hits... but in some places, it seems not to apply, or your percentage of uncapped damage vs. a monsters total HP is just too great.

Last edited:
Imri Persiado
Reaction score
Thanks for this..would be hard to find the DC4 references..how to going to do it?and now I moved to another monster files so maybe that will solve it I will try and let you guys know.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Many DC4 in client, And When our exp recived quite fast, as it happen DC4. Or modify item table. etc. i will update fix DC4 in my client soon.

Last edited:
Back