Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Private DDoSing

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I came here looking for help.
Recently my server got popular and started going up the ranks on gtop.
Someone noticed it and started DDoSing me, I think its one of competitive servers because i saw that they tend to do that kind of things to get rid of smaller servers.
First before you jump to conclusions, I never advertised on other servers or ddosed them, I am friendly person and I don't have any enemies...
It hit me today with 6GBps so i think wasting hundreds of dollars on protection would be useless, pretty much because i can't afford it...
Is there any way to prevent it?

BloopBloop
Reaction score
Switch to a host that got DDOS protection xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I came here looking for help.
Recently my server got popular and started going up the ranks on gtop.
Someone noticed it and started DDoSing me, I think its one of competitive servers because i saw that they tend to do that kind of things to get rid of smaller servers.
First before you jump to conclusions, I never advertised on other servers or ddosed them, I am friendly person and I don't have any enemies...
It hit me today with 6GBps so i think wasting hundreds of dollars on protection would be useless, pretty much because i can't afford it...
Is there any way to prevent it?

No, you can't prevent it.
DDOS protected hosting is expensive as heck, also some providers who offer so called DDOS protected hosting will just nullroute your ip.(nfoservers, etc) and then kick you off after a while if you get ddosed a lot.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well currently it stoped, but it might start again anytime -.-
Totally ruined it, I had 25+ players online now 10-15 ffs

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We actually offer massive DDoS protection. We host a few maplestory servers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We actually offer massive DDoS protection. We host a few maplestory servers.

So you're saying that you'll fend off a 100 Gbps / 10m pps attack without any downtime for my server?

If so I'm in.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So you're saying that you'll fend off a 100 Gbps / 10m pps attack without any downtime for my server?

If so I'm in.

We blocked a 110mpps last month... Check out in the KB how the protection works. Else, you can order for 3$ more constant monitoring.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
lol no we didnt get hit with 6gbps
20mbps can take us down lmao

@above
ill sell 160gbps protection for$80/montj

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Their DDOS protection may be good, but i have to admit the people that now run UK is crap and cant run it what so ever. They are in legal trouble as it is, so no one should really buy from them.

Last edited:
Unknown Place
Reaction score
There are many offers on this market, however, only a very few of them can do what is promissed/advertised.

So, you really have to evaluate and well, if you have the budget, just seek for the referenced companies :).

Back