• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Development] Map Work (Pangea)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I'd like to find a few people to start working on maps, etc. More importantly I'm curious about information relating to the sma's - editing, etc. I've managed to get most objects/maps working up to SSB. Mob's are a work in progress since I'm still educating on the map/data formats for the maps.

This is where I'm at currently - maps spawn with two maps spawning mobs as a test. Works fine but again - sma's contain data we need to be able to edit/create/convert. Objects (for example the ANI symbol in Gjert) all work as they should.

I have a few idea's I'd like to try with regards to editing map dat's and sma's but I'd like to see what others are trying and what kinda results... Specially around custom maps (ie dat's and sma's)..

evilgenx - [Development] Map Work (Pangea) - RaGEZONE Forums

NOTE: There is nothing to share yet since none of this is complicated to get working. If you can't get Atus working at very least you won't be much help. I say this (rudely) now because leechers will want the work and this thread will be full of begging. I want it full of information. Like always, I'll share when things are proper since the files I'm working with where released here.

The short of the long - don't post anything in this thread unless it's helpful or a worthwhile question about this stuff.

Matt/eg.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Er. I should note that this is not using the ep3 (suba update) bins that where shared here.

Matt/eg.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, so if anyone serious wants to work on these part of things please PM me. I'm assuming in all this that there are a few people that have already done this work and I'm looking for just a little guidance, not the work handed to me... I don't learn anything that way. :)

What I'm looking to do is complete the maps up to the current Suba Ace Online maps, including the infinity rooms (for which I believe I have a good workaround for). I'd like to fix mobs, etc.

I don't expect a master at any of this at all - I'm no master myself. What I do want tho is people with common sense and some technical knowledge.

No leechers. Only serious server admin/dev types should send me pm's so that we might get better control over the files (both client and server side)...

Matt/eg.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Meh, if I don't hear back from anyone before I get all the maps loading I'll assume I'm the best and inflate my ego accordingly! :)

I'll post the maps, cfg's, sql's, etc once I get all the maps loading and they are as close to retail as I can get them. I should know more about the sma's and dat's (Hoping to be able to edit both) by the weekend. Way I see it, with the files released and with so many people getting them - there's bound to be a few exceptional people that would want to work together for a common goal - or at least a private goal between us...

Matt/eg
New AR/AO Addict.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
REal nice work you got done so far i would be intrested to help out if i can but so far iam stil in the learning on progress state :/

PTG

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
REal nice work you got done so far i would be intrested to help out if i can but so far iam stil in the learning on progress state :/

Are you the empilein from AO? Just wondering.

On topic: Where did evilgenx ever go :c

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm not sure, maybe he went underground?
I'm starting to figure out the SMA's, so if he doesn't get back before I figure it out, I'll post a guide and some other interesting findings.

PTG

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Last i saw was him and Syst3m in our vent a while back. And that was like 2 months ago before they both poofed. Probably working together, who knows. What have you found out about the SMA's? I've been trying to figure out where to start, no real progress as of yet.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've got the maps working through experimentation, mob spawns have to be added manually, as far as I can tell right now. But I don't really want them right now. Maybe if I decide to upgrade my server past ep2 (which is doubtful) I'll continue with it.

PTG

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't add them in. Yeah they add another route to an SP/MS and are great for grinding, but at the same time, they aren't really necessary. Main problem is with underpopulation, it becomes a lot more difficult to cover two different entrances and keep an eye out.

Ultimately it's up to you, but i hope you don't add them in and i hope you stay Episode 2. ;s

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah that was the general feel that, they just arn't needed.
While everyone else focuses on trying to make dem Ep3 working, we're gonna be rocking a full Ep2 server, and proud~

Back