• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Discussion]Top 10 Online games Development Company

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Rishwin , i want to ask , do dev companies accept ideas from anyone and can turn it to a game ? and if the game made a great success will the idea maker gain anything ?

Reaction score
I guess it depends on the developer, but i wouldn't imagine any "major" developer doing that. More so they would pay teams of people to come up with the next great idea that they're gonna use, i think customer input is more on the beta testing side once the game itself has been made.

Uhnless of course you develop your own game/mod and they think it's just too great of an idea to pass up (ie. Counter Strike and DOTA2).

Reaction score
Rishwin , i want to ask , do dev companies accept ideas from anyone and can turn it to a game ? and if the game made a great success will the idea maker gain anything ?
You have to come forward with a complete gameplay outline, including a prototype and lots of concept art, for you to be taken seriously by most companies.

You'll never get anything like "If we use this you'll get 5% of the profits". You'll only see "We'll purchase the rights to this for $xxxx". You'll never see any company do anything more than that. I know this from experience pitching my own game ideas. The chance for anything to get accepted is slim because most companies now just purchase licensing. If they create the MMO themselves then they have their own ideas and don't usually like many outside opinions.

In a nutshell, if you don't have a working prototype then don't even think about it. As Rishwin said sometimes you can create mods for certain games but you have to have a really popular idea for it to be taken up by the company.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i am not trying to sell anything ron , i was just asking about how that work , and also about complete game play that is easy for anyone who has creative idea but why he will have to make concept art ? i mean he just need to deliver the idea and if i were a dev and i saw a good idea in my desk i will have no problems in buying it then dev. it . no one denies that the game idea is the most important thing in the game . also we saw many examples about games dev. by great companies but appeared to be sux and boring .
i guess all what you need is a really Creative full idea .

also if i am willing to sell , i will not worry about having the dev. attention i have some of the dev. companies CEO Emails and we are talking for a while .

Reaction score
i am not trying to sell anything ron , i was just asking about how that work , and also about complete game play that is easy for anyone who has creative idea but why he will have to make concept art ? i mean he just need to deliver the idea and if i were a dev and i saw a good idea in my desk i will have no problems in buying it then dev. it . no one denies that the game idea is the most important thing in the game . also we saw many examples about games dev. by great companies but appeared to be sux and boring .
i guess all what you need is a really Creative full idea .

also if i am willing to sell , i will not worry about having the dev. attention i have some of the dev. companies CEO Emails and we are talking for a while .

Erm because if you went to them and simply said "this is my idea, what do you think?" they could very easily say "It's poop, go away" and then turn around and follow your exact design and make millions.

If you have not done the proper design and preparation work, there is no physical evidence which ties that idea as being your intellectual property.

Not to mention going to a company with nothing more than a verbal proposition is highly unprofessional and they'd just laugh at you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yea true , but that can't happen i guess in one case . making a book for that game and all the rights is only for yours and any using for any of it will be illegal .

i am starting a gaming company , so i know that most of the dev. companies wouldn't steal any of your work . as i said i deal with Alot of CEOs weekly

Reaction score
yea true , but that can't happen i guess in one case . making a book for that game and all the rights is only for yours and any using for any of it will be illegal .

i am starting a gaming company , so i know that most of the dev. companies wouldn't steal any of your work . as i said i deal with Alot of CEOs weekly

I agree with your location, you most definitely live in Lala Land.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree with your location, you most definitely live in Lala Land.

Hahaha , True

but you know its so sad to watch people scamming each other , its just stupid . well but u r right its just lala land .

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My list :
- GALA Lab
- NDOORS
- G.Banana
- ncsoft
- IGG
- turbine
- Nextoric
- Bluehole
- Ons On SOFT
- DNC Entertainment
- Aeriagames

Gala Labs = poop developers that buy out smaller development companies and claim the games as their own. They make decent artwork, that's about it. See below a new game they're developing, which looks like Flyff except with some minor touch-ups.

I haven't heard of a few on that list, but just the fact that Gala-Labs is there makes it pretty bad. Also, why no Blizzard, Valve, Riot Games, and ArenaNet? GW2 is certainly a very promising title. Also, Eyedentity Games is pretty new, but their first title(Dragon Nest) came out pretty nice.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd say :

-Valve (ofc lol)
-infinity ward
-EA

I just gave 3, I was lazy.

Back