Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DLL Registration Fail on 64bit windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all the Dll except for 3 registered on my windows 10 64bit
the three that fail are:
dbghelp.dll
msvcr71.dll
msvcr71d.dll

error says
the module "[dll name]" was loaded but the entery-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "[dll name]" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try agin.

i copyed the dll's to syswow64 like i should but them 3 keep failing
any ideas on how to fix this?
dll error - DLL Registration Fail on 64bit windows 10 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
all the Dll except for 3 registered on my windows 10 64bit
the three that fail are:
dbghelp.dll
msvcr71.dll
msvcr71d.dll

error says
the module "[dll name]" was loaded but the entery-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "[dll name]" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try agin.

i copyed the dll's to syswow64 like i should but them 3 keep failing
any ideas on how to fix this?
View attachment 152347

Those are all windows dlls and not Luna Online specific. If my windows knowledge serves me right, those all are found in the system32 and syswow64 folders; did it ask you to replace any of those? I haven't played with windows 10 myself, so by the looks of it I'm guessing that DllRegisterServer was finally deprecated. I'll see about looking into all the windows 10 stuff, meanwhile I'll await your response.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i was wondering if it could be why my agent and distro exe is crashing
my server setup runs fine on XP through to windows 7 64bit
but im haveing trouble with windows 10 64bit
i would try the 32bit one but i dont have that avalable
i will attach my agent error logs maybe that could clarify whats going on
setup is:
windows 10 64bit
mssql 2005 express with Advanced Services SP3
xampp v5.6.8-0-VC11
using ODBC 64BIT
original luna
the exe username and pass is correct
the serverlist.msl i have tried it with loop ip of 127.0.0.1 and with a loopback adapter set to 192.168.0.10
and to 10.0.0.100 {10.0.0.1 is the home network standard here in South Africa}

View attachment DB_ERROR_LOG_20150622.txt
{use Editpad Pro 7 to display the Korean text in this file correctly}

[snipit of file]
{월 = month , 일 = day , 시 = hour , 분 = minute , 초 = seconds}

Can't Connect to SQL server for Admin ID, time:6월/22일 23시9분52.596초
Error Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application SqlState: IM014, fNativeError: 0, time:6월/22일 23시9분52.596초
Fail to initialize DB Connection, time:6월/22일 23시9분52.615초
can not init db class, time:6월/22일 23시9분52.618초

when i set up the sql on win10 i used a backup copy from my win7 sql [same sql 2005]

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
put it in syswow64 and then activate by using cd. Use the command something like cd C:\Windows\SysWow64\regsvr32\DLL
I don't remember it exactly. Make sure to run as admin.
Something like that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@bugs33
did you even read my first post an look at the attached image?
i sayed i had all ready copied the dll's to syswow64 and in the image you can clearly see that i ran CMD in admin an that i used the correct command line
and again in my second post i mentioned that i have it working with the same exact setup on other 64bit systems.

i am asking for help about this because i have not had this error with other 64bit systems

Reaction score
If you could answers the following questions, we'll see about figuring out where the problem is. What are your ODBC connections setup to be, user or server DSN? What SQL driver are you using in your connection setup? Lastly, what version of SQL Server are you using?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
setup is:
windows 10 64bit
mssql 2005 express with Advanced Services SP3
xampp v5.6.8-0-VC11
using ODBC 64BIT
original luna
the exe username and pass is correct
the serverlist.msl i have tried it with loop ip of 127.0.0.1 and with a loopback adapter set to 192.168.0.10

useing the default id of GameSrv and pass of luna for the odbc and the server exe's
in mssql databases are named: Luna_Game, Luna_Log, Luna_Member
in obdc: [data source → driver →server → login type → default database ]
luna_gamedb → SQL Server [SQLSRV32.DLL] → VMWARE-WIN10\SQLEXPRESS → SQL Server Authentication → Luna_Game {odbc test shows sucessfull}
luna_logdb → SQL Server [SQLSRV32.DLL] → VMWARE-WIN10\SQLEXPRESS → SQL Server Authentication → Luna_Log {odbc test shows sucessfull}
luna_memberdb → SQL Server [SQLSRV32.DLL] → VMWARE-WIN10\SQLEXPRESS → SQL Server Authentication → Luna_Member {odbc test shows sucessfull}

mssql 2005 express with Advanced Services SP3 upgraded to mssql 2005 express with Advanced Services SP4
Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server x64

~i will be deleting my database and reinstalling mssql since i ported over a backup copy of the database from my windows 7 64bit so maybe there is some odd conflict or corruption of data will update about this latter~

Reaction score
ODBC has tabs for user DSN and system DSN, are you using both or just one? Your using a virtual machine to do all this? :eek: Scary

As for your settings and configurations, they look spot on. However, might I suggest upgrading to MSSQL 2008 R2? I'm currently using it without an problems what so ever, and my partner has tested it successfully with MSSQL 2014.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Based from this error:
i was wondering if it could be why my agent and distro exe is crashing
Error Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

With just a simple google search: "architecture mismatch - odbcad", then I came up with this almost the same case:

Basically, this "architecture mismatch" means that a certain application is accessing a driver that is not built on the same architecture as the application trying to access it. To make it short, your Distribute server is built as a 32-bit application but it's trying to access a 64-bit ODBC driver/application. Given this explanation, the answer to this architecture mismatch error is mentioned on the link above. If you are using a 64-bit windows and running an odbcad32 from the "run" command, it will immediately point to the 64-bit odbcad. The 32-bit odbcad is in a different location. It is found in your sysWOW64 folder in your windows: c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

All your database configuration must be set on that 32-bit odbcad32. Remove the configurations you set on the 64-bit odbcad32 or else the DSNs you have set will still point to the 64-bit odbcad32.

An additional info: A 32-bit application/driver can only access a 32-bit application/driver. A 64-bit application/driver can access both 32 and 64-bit application/driver w/o problems.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@maryjason
i will try this as you suggest an it does make sense will move the settings from odbc 64 to odbc 32 i will reply latter to how this goes an thanks i completely over looked this option

pokchop1
i will try your suggestion if maryjason's one don't work
and yes im doing this on a virtual machine im using VMware Workstation 11 and my host system {real pc} can easily handle running a virtual pc
an since im limited on number of pc's and space in my home virtual is a better option for me besides like this i can test this on windows 10 with out messing with my real systems os and luna server settings :biggrin: if any thing goes horably wrong its better on a virtual system then haveing to fix or reload every thing on the real pc :biggrin:

bugs33
it is not windows 8 it is windows 10 :glare: as i have stated multiple times and in the title of this thread
please pay attention to things and read carefully before posting {sorry if this comes of as rude}

Fou Gilang
this is for original Luna the reg.bat for it does not work on 64bit systems properly since it is written for 32bit systems only
if there is a reg.bat for luna plus files i wouldn't know since i have not worked with that version yet
and yes i could write a 64bit and 32bit compatible .bat file but to be honest id rather do it manually and then spend my time fixing bugs and testing on other os's some day i might break down an write the compatible bat if an when i do i will share it on the forum

------------------------------------------------Update------------------------------------------------

thank you maryjason your suggestion worked {face palm self} i cant believe that i overlooked that
well so far it looks like Original Luna works with Windows 10 i was able to login to the game

issue resolved

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back