Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Downloads --- Allowed extensions

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with this picture?:-
bm9ml.png
That's right... it doesn't tell me what extensions I could upload any more. XD

Also, we allowed 7zip attachments not long before the vb4 update, but it's still not allowed in Downloads. Any chance these could be considered?

I'm not sure what your criteria is (maybe you run an upload virus scan like or such, and need it to support the format?) but I would also like to see popular formats for non-Windows platforms like .tar.gz / .tar.bz2 or .tgz / tbz, (same as .tar.gz and tar.bz2 ofc) .xz / .tar.xz, .deb, .pkg, .rpm .hqx, .sit, .dmg and other image formats like .iso, .cdr, .wim, maybe even .hdf. We can't actually even upload a .msi!

My reasoning is that it can be a pain to unrar on Linux or MacOS, Zip really isn't effective, and while 7zip is the most cross-platform usable it isn't available on any of them by default. (I'm sure some Linux distros do include it... but you know what I mean)

It makes sense to upload Unix releases in .tar.bz2, Debian releases in .deb, Red Hat releases in .rpm, FreeBSD releases in .pkg, Mac releases in .dmg and Windows releases in .zip / .7z / .msi

We can pack any of the above using "store" compression in a .zip, but that's actually obfuscating the file and confusing Anti-Virus even more. I often find I have to go to the repository for a Linux server to get the InfoZip package for lite distros too. I don't think that's good, either for RZ or it's users.

Please consider this proposal. If you have good reasons not to adhere to it, that's fine. But I'd like to know it was considered and rejected, rather than simply dismissed. I don't expect all suggestions either. There's no reason not to Zip an MSI, or TAR-ball any of the Unix packages. But some expansion would help. :):

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back