Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Downloads

Reaction score
The average "server modder" uses way more than 25 MB of space to share customizations / fixes.

Disable the feature for everyone and enable unlimited space for those who request it, otherwise no one will use it except for the nubs thinking changing the name of something is hard to do.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why should users be allowed to take up more than 25mb of disk space per file? I don't see why they should be allowed... after all, hosting websites have whole hard drives dedicated for users to do this, remember this is a forum and the downloading / uploading files feature is just a convenient add-on for small files :p

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
To who ever requests it?

If I request it, then upload a freakin' 8 GB file... Whatcha think will happen?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
25mb makes helluva lot of sense to be honest.

Maybe subscribers should have a larger space like 50mb or 75mb.

Reaction score
or just charge a one time fee for someone that wants increased file sizes, i mean they are fully protected from DMCA

if you offer more space for additional one time fees you might get some takers on that

Reaction score
i do not know i think it would be per user, b/c you have the option to manage the files YOU upload, but i guess it could be clarified

and id say up the amount on the type of subcription people get, the higher the sub, the more the space

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
or just charge a one time fee for someone that wants increased file sizes, i mean they are fully protected from DMCA

if you offer more space for additional one time fees you might get some takers on that

People won't pay for more disk space when they can just use Dropbox, Mediafire

Reaction score
Is it 25mb per file or 25mb per user?

If its per file, disregard this thread lol. I thought it was limited to 10/25 per user.

per file is whats said, I was thinking the same thing at first.. some of my server files + tools etc go to a good 100+ mb i was like uhhh i wouldn't be able to spare much if I only have 25mb but I think its per file.

People won't pay for more disk space when they can just use Dropbox, Mediafire

I'd only think people would pay if it was client hosting or where people can get good speeds for downloading 1gb clients etc but yeah this would really put a lot of stress on rz.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ok then thats cool, and people may opt for paying for more size if they are DMCA protected, other sites have the right to remove your file at any time

Dan also has the right to remove your file at any time, it is his website after all :L

Reaction score
yes, but Dan will not delete your contribution just because of some "3rd party copyright violation" even though most of the stuff RZ members host other places are of their own design, host websites are within their right of their "AUP, Terms Of Use" policies to do anything they want with your files.

Back