• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Dual Boot

Ubuntu or Linux

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As you can see, I just upgraded my PC and just added an 80GB hdd. I'm just planning to dual boot (seems fun).
My question is, what OS should put on it; ubuntu or linux?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Our opinions are not necessary. There is a whole lot of available information scattered within the net for you to acknowledge which OS is better.

Have a research, don't waste your time. Based it off with your own preferences because seriously I'd be happy to suggest the worst OS between both. Really.

The job is not a cup of coffee, although some members of 'RageZone' certainly does not like the 'non-cup-of-coffee' job because they're lazy and unreliable. And speaking of unreliability - you can't rely on what the next few posts suggests because surely they're shenanigans.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As I search the internet, I'm also gathering info's and opinions here.
I'm asking for which OS should I use ( probably asking for opinions and facts ) not which OS is better because I see both OS is good.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@IQstim
Thanks for your answer.

I'll be going back on Google, Wikipedia, and their website.
I might use Ubuntu's Live CD for test.

WHOOOOOO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
always use the live cd's for test before installing it. i can't say which on is better as it is up to each user's preference and needs, though i like ubuntu more... anyway, test them out, try other builds if none of them suit you. linux i very, very wide, with many other builds, so try them all out if possible and see which one suits you most.

IQtism said:
And speaking of unreliability - you can't rely on what the next few posts suggests because surely they're shenanigans.
oh yeah... if you're saying he can't trust others, why can he trust you... on the irony of it lol

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, I don't got any Linux Live CD :(, but anyways I'll try your advice :).

Reaction score
1. What do you mean "as you can see, i just upgraded my PC..."? As we can see where? Did you previously mention it? No, so how would we know?

2. there are many recent Linux discussions here , learn to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back