Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EVGA 680i Black Pearl - UK Shipping?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas on which sites stock the EVGA 680i Black Pearl and ship it to the UK for a reasonable price? I'd rather not pay

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[No message]

Reaction score
To be honest. It will be better to just buy the 680i SE board at $150 (if you don't want to be overclocking a quad core) and then buy some swfitech blocks to put on it. Will be cheaper and better.

NoPeace - out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I will be overclocking a quad core haha. Getting the Q6600 after 22nd of July when the prices get cut in half again. I just really can't be bothered delaying my build repeatedly due to new tech coming out every 5 minutes. Just going to go for it and be happy with that.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
as far as I know you wont find any lower than 300

SiK

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Got any American friends? lol

Reaction score
Funny thing is, I will be overclocking a quad core haha. Getting the Q6600 after 22nd of July when the prices get cut in half again. I just really can't be bothered delaying my build repeatedly due to new tech coming out every 5 minutes. Just going to go for it and be happy with that.

Then will you be going over 300x9?

If not then the SE will be good enough. The SE board limits you to about 320 FSB unlike the non SE one that goes up to about 400.

Even then. At 2.7ghz it will be very hot and you shouldn't go over 3.0ghz on a quad core unless you are willing to spend $500+ on cooling.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Then will you be going over 300x9?

If not then the SE will be good enough. The SE board limits you to about 320 FSB unlike the non SE one that goes up to about 400.

Even then. At 2.7ghz it will be very hot and you shouldn't go over 3.0ghz on a quad core unless you are willing to spend $500+ on cooling.

No idea how high I'll be going. I guess as high as I can push the chip and keep it cool with a watercooling loop

You do know that the UK does not equal the US price.

It will be more. You are to be looking at 300 quid before VAT over there.

And still... $500 for a mobo?

Buy the standard board for $200 and then you can add 2 swiftech chipset blocks at $30 each and a swfitech GTX water block at $100.

It will still be less money and will perform better.

The black pearl stuff = ripoff.

NoPeace - out

Yeah, probaby is the smarter idea to get a cheaper mobo and just buy some waterblocks. Cheers again NoPeace

Reaction score
No idea how high I'll be going. I guess as high as I can push the chip and keep it cool with a watercooling loop

Depends on how much voltage you want to pump though the thing. If you want to pump 1.6v you can get close to 3.8-4.0ghz.

I myself wouldn't dare do that because it'll fry your chip.

I would say go to 3.0-3.2ghz. You can do that on stock voltage so it wont kill anything. Even then you can do it on a standard 680i SE motherboard.

NoPeace - out

Back