• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Excuse Me...what emulator is the best?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I need one emulator to make a ragnarok server.So plz post it here.thank u!Remember! Digimon Tamers! :icon6: :thumbup:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Basically, when the list of server features increase, the stability decreases.

Most Stable Emus
eAthena
OmniAthena
Fusion
Vidar
Least Stable Emus

I have yet to try Freya or other new emus.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
doraemon2000 said:
Basically, when the list of server features increase, the stability decreases.

Most Stable Emus
eAthena
OmniAthena
Fusion
Vidar
Least Stable Emus

I have yet to try Freya or other new emus.

i have both eathena & vidar in my comp, stability & simplicity i say its vidar.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
And Aegis? Aegis is not emulator, is the original software, Vidar is very beta, most skill does not works, Oathena and eathena now works togheter, Freya = Eathena (they download athena and modify somethings for fun), Fusion is death.
1. Aegis
2. Eathena SQL

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Aegis actually sucks for medium to high rate servers. I use to run one and everyone got bored cause the rates were 200/200/100, that's why I had to switch to eAthena.

The last time I played Vidar (2 months ago), it still had the "moonwalk" problem. It was also very unstable with a large amount of players.

eAthena is overall the best because it has a good list of features and its stability is pretty average.

Aegis is the MOST stable server but it's illegal, that's the only bad part, and the fact that it's not advanced as eAthena or any other emulators.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
doraemon2000 said:
Aegis actually sucks for medium to high rate servers. I use to run one and everyone got bored cause the rates were 200/200/100, that's why I had to switch to eAthena.

The last time I played Vidar (2 months ago), it still had the "moonwalk" problem. It was also very unstable with a large amount of players.

eAthena is overall the best because it has a good list of features and its stability is pretty average.

Aegis is the MOST stable server but it's illegal, that's the only bad part, and the fact that it's not advanced as eAthena or any other emulators.

101% agreed !!!! lol ..... Cheers for eAthena

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes. But if you buy a server pc of athena in Africa or San marino, or california, Gravity cannot touch you and can use server.
But athena is good!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The point is, Aegis sucks for medium - high rate server because most things are hardcoded into the server. Everyone gets bored really quickly, it's only good for low rate servers because it takes longer time to level.

Back