• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Explorer.exe crash - i choose to not view any icons on dekstop.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So why in gods name dont you just remove all the icons by either dragging them into your taskbar, or jsut deleting them? hell, stick them in a folder and move the folder under the C: or something.. whatever your doing to 'make your desktop clear' is wrong.

Cos its ment to be easier and faster to right click and un check "show icons" Also if you want them back u will have to hunt for them agian.
TBH i dont no why u dont wan icons, makes it easier then looking in the menu all the time.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cos its ment to be easier and faster to right click and un check "show icons" Also if you want them back u will have to hunt for them agian.
TBH i dont no why u dont wan icons, makes it easier then looking in the menu all the time.

I always move the items I don't need from the start menu into a hidden folder so they don't show up, and move all the applications I do use from their folders to the actual 'Programs' folder so I just have a single menu to choose applications from when I use the start menu. Looks very clean, but annoying to keep organized when installing new apps.

Only items I have on my desktop are My Computer, My Documents, Network, Control Panel, and Recycle Bin. :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Suppose it will make ur PC faster though. And save some RAM up.

Back