Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Fixed]Client Configuration Issue - nmconew.ini setting was ineffective

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Update on 2/8/2023:
I chose another way to create a WAN connection by using ZeroTier.
But it faces a problem that can't create a new game stage section through the WAN.
For this, I solved it by this thread:

Especially thanks:

arturoaguerre

Thank you so much for let this happen!

Hi guys, Im having a problem with my client but I dont know what exactly the client version is...
(please tell me how can I find out my client version or any info that is suitable for you guys need to know it)

So, here is a story:
I set up my server(192.168.200.200) using a VM(bridge mode) in LAN for the game,
all PCs that under this LAN are suitable for access it, so this part can do nothing.

Next step, when I want to access my server through the WAN, I used the port-forwarding to route the connection into my server(192.168.200.200). This set-up works fine since I tested it by web browser by WAN IP, it shows up "Hello" on the website.

However, after I edit "IP" and "port" to my WAN IP on nmconew.ini to let the client side connect it, lets assume my WAN IP is 218.172.16.81(faked, just example), I try running the game client and using the TCP monitor tools to investigate the IP details, I saw the game client still accessing the LAN IP(192.168.200.200) instead WAN IP(218.172.16.81).

For this reason, I guess the nmconew.ini is not working. How can I edit a client side to make this happen?
Maybe IP and Port values are hard-coded in the program? If so, do anyone can let these values update by the nmconew.ini file?
Or any other idea that can let the client access to the different IP, please tell me!

I really want to play this game with my friends, this setting has bothering me 3 weeks already :'(

P.S: If need any info(capscreen, server files, client files etc), please tell me!

Thank you guys again!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dont remember so good because this was like 6 months ago, but you can check my post here:

Looks like IP handling is made by the file I modified there. But I couldnt really find a way to edit it for good, only a patch for LAN, as WAN wont work. But if You have any experience in C# or code in general, you might find a better solution than myself. I did what I could with my super limited knowledge.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I dont remember so good because this was like 6 months ago, but you can check my post here:

Looks like IP handling is made by the file I modified there. But I couldnt really find a way to edit it for good, only a patch for LAN, as WAN wont work. But if You have any experience in C# or code in general, you might find a better solution than myself. I did what I could with my super limited knowledge.
Thanks for your reply! It seems like a way that archieve my goal by editing .dll source, but any idea which .dll file I need to focus on?
because I think I need to edit a value like:

return IPAddress.Parse("YOUR-IP-HERE");

but it should be belongs to client-side.

Furthermore, I saw a post about IP Loader in:

maybe I should edit a heroes.db3?

Upvote 0
Back