• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Functional State: Level A1: Awareness

Reaction score
The point of this exercise was to establish whether AI could grasp the simple concept that light changes speed through different mediums. For example, light travels at a reduced velocity through glass, water and a plethora of gasses. This is relatively old known science. AI seems oblivious to this. It got stuck on the "c" constant speed of light argument.

Reaction score
The point of this exercise was to establish whether AI could grasp the simple concept that light changes speed through different mediums. For example, light travels at a reduced velocity through glass, water and a plethora of gasses. This is relatively old known science. AI seems oblivious to this. It got stuck on the "c" constant speed of light argument.
If I get time tomorrow ill tweak the Ai for the day. Ill msg u if I do.

Reaction score
this topic has cost 0.05c.

Might be my VPN. Not sure though...

1698277347564 - Functional State: Level A1: Awareness - RaGEZONE Forums

If I get time tomorrow ill tweak the Ai for the day. Ill msg u if I do.

If you can get dAI to talk proper dirty dirty science to me I'll love you forever. Relatively speaking. 👩‍❤️‍👨

Light, being a fundamental constant, has to absolutely change velocity when when making a 90 degree directional change in direction.
In order to make a transition from impact point to exit angle, it has to decelerate. This is a fundamental conservational law of physics. Please explain how light can maintain its fundamental velocity when making a 90 degree reflection off a mirror.

When light interacts with a mirror, it is absorbed by the atoms or molecules on the mirror's surface and then re-emitted. This re-emission process occurs almost instantaneously, with the reflected light propagating at the same speed as the incident light. The speed of light in a vacuum, denoted as "c," remains constant regardless of the direction or angle of reflection.
[/QUOTE]

B.o.l.l.o.c.k.s.... light is both a particle and a wave. Your explanation is moot. The interaction of photons with a reflective surface has no bearing in your explanation. Light is potentially "absorbed" based on frequency. Explain the speed of light in various media please.

Grrr... I want to pursue this so hard.

Next time.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back