Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Game.exe 1976 EN

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Someone have the game.exe 1976 in english version?
I need only the game.exe english, not modified.

Please, someone help me.

Thanks.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1976 IS Korean... version numbers tell you the language.
  • 18xx / 19xx Korean Test version
  • 23xx Korean Release version
  • 24xx Japanese
  • 10xxx Vietnamese
  • 20xx/30xx English
  • 41xx Brazilian
  • 10xx Chinese

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think that , He want translate Corean to English (game.exe ), I want too translate ,
well , I install the pack of Corean ( Asian Language) from CD Windows ..
in see words in corean, correctly , but how make to show in hex ,or olly :/ ?
i wanna knows how make to translate, it only..
usually in hex show the words in English right ? , in corean even with pack of language do not shown
u can help me in traslate to en ? or any hint about it

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have discussed this at great length in this thread when Tangodown was trying to translate 1947 KPT to English.

I suspect he gave up on the project in the end, as I never saw a release from him.

It's easy enough to do, but another one of those projects that will take so long that the official test version will be 1995 by the time you are done with 1976. :wink:

I have 1977, but not 1976, if you want similar equivalent string dumps to the ones I made for 1947 for 1976, I could do with a copy of your game.exe.

You should be able to match up strings in if you dump .rdata as UTF-8 etc.
Point is, if it's in English, it is modified, heavily. XD

P.S. if you have spare cash is faster, and has some advantages, but I'm not convinced it's large enough to warrant the asking price. Currently 30$ Standard or 50$ Pro version. I like to say I'm pro-choice so if you want a commercial program with additional feature value, that would be my choice. WinMerge is FOSS. (Free Open Source Software)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i just want translate to EN , =( ..
i have 1976
any hint about it, I thank
oh , is best edit in hex or olly , and just here which show in null or I not search correctly?
why not found ,even with pack asian language ?
:/
I install correctly because if not show in game right ?

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

지역서버 연결실패 (%s) = Local server connection failed (%s)
지역서버 설정 (%d) = Local server configuration (%d)
지역서버 연결 (%s) = Local server connection (%s)
지역서버 종료 (%s) = Results in the server (%s)

Bob...
this is in olly ?
because in hex i do not found , but how I make for appear in text Corean ?
i don't understad

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You will not find in either Olly of Hex editor alone... more tools are needed for this job.

I use CFF Explorer to dump sections to Hex, Hex editor to filter "00 00" to "00" until no others exist, then "00" to "0D 0A" Display in advanced text editor (see my guide on reading the Korean config files in their native language) to convert to universal language UTF-8, or UTF-16LE.

Then one of the above mentioned comparators to match strings in EN version to KR version... KR has more strings, and official EN version has strings like "지역서버 연결실패 (%s)" That are still Korean. Extra strings will require something like Bablefish.

Then I use CFF Explorer again (or LordPE or ToPo or so) to add a section with the translated strings, then Olly to update all the pointers from the old strings to their locations in the new section added to the PE.

The alternative is to use Hex only, where your Latin (English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese etc) strings must not be longer than their Korean equivalent, (very rare as the Korean glyph set is larger and can say more with less glyphs) or completely disassemble to source that can be re-compiled.

The final solution has been too much work for anyone so far, but is an ultimate solution which will not need to be done again for each new client or feature. I am doing this with the server now, even at the point I can take on others to assist it will take a long time to build this solution up to the point where it overtakes existing methods of "add section to PE and update pointers" which is by far the fastest solution.

The time consuming nature of this task is the reason people have been updating edits of QF1873 (based on KPT 1871) for so long.

Oh yea... in .data you should get string matches like this:-
Code:
아이템 수납 공간이 부족합니다  = Not enough space in inventory
수납할수 있는 무게를 초과하였습니다 = You have exceeded the inventory weight limit
현재 사용할수 없는 아이템 입니다 = Item cannot be used yet
   퀘스트 아이템 레벨업     =    Level up The quest item    
   생명력이 +15 상승되었습니다  =    Increased HP +15
etc.
But even the mergers get confused with "기력 +20" = "Defense Rating +20" much lower down because of the extra Korean text that isn't implemented in Official EPT at all.

I have 13347 lines in .rdata and 15512 lines in .data. Many are rubbish or already in English-ish (like the LUA commands, Copyright strings for included library code and MS-VC++ standard SEH error responses. But it's still a lot to go through.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I download the program that translate, the comparer.
But I can translate using letters add? Some things it's not possible, because bug the application.
I not know to make a update on all pointers.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to find the text again is via the hex for the text represented in EUC-KR.

eg. 아이템 수납 공간이 부족합니다
= BE C6 C0 CC C5 DB 20 BC F6 B3 B3 20 B0 F8 B0 A3 C0 CC 20 BA CE C1 B7 C7 D5 B4 CF B4 D9 00

Should = 4E 6F 74 20 65 6E 6F 75 67 68 20 73 70 61 63 65 20 69 6E 20 69 6E 76 65 6E 74 6F 72 79 00
Which = Not enough space in inventory

You can search for hex strings in Olly in any of the Data windows or the Data pane of the CPU window.
Destroyzer - Game.exe 1976 EN - RaGEZONE Forums
This particular string is in a table of fixed length, so it can be modified in Hex without using Olly to update pointers... if your string doesn't fit in the space of the Korean string, you place it in you new data section, note the address, select the Korean string and "Find References" (Ctrl - R) in Olly.

He should then list all the code that needs to be updated to point to the address of your new text string.

Last edited:
Back