• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Gifs to animate in the game?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So I started my project on editing the client and I am trying to make a server more focus'd on Black and whites content (Black and white pokemon, regions, and characters will be implimented over time) as of right now im trying to get gifs to animate in the client.

So I edited all the java files i needed to (OurPokemon.Java) to get it load the gif in the game, but the problem is when its in the battle screen (looking at the back of your pokemon) it just looks like this:

Thesnowman - Gifs to animate in the game? - RaGEZONE Forums

(Example: I know its a png but the back doesnt move in game anyways)

But this is what i want it to do:

Any ideas?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Pokenet uses slick2D which doesn't support animated Gif's (it'll load them, but only the first frame)

You'll have to find a way around this such as using AWT.

Another way you could do this would be to convert all the animations to sprite sheets (Which they currenty have on spriters resource) and have slick load them using the animation function.

Xerixe currently has this system implemented and -Default kept saying he planned on releasing his edits along with Xerixe, but after all the talk for months, they still haven't done so.

Anyway, good luck on it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nice idea :D. Hey, can you post your client? Because I can't download the client fix and for some reason the client isn't working for me. So do you mind posting yours?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Sorry but I have made a lot of changes to the client i dont want people getting their hands on.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh btw like your client. And hope you find a way to add the gifs... I just play pokemon mmorpg not make em :p

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@MrSunny

Right now I am currently trying to modify the battle window to fit the whole screen. I can not figure out the values. But I will be posting a LOT of tutorials here soon for people to customize their clients for their servers.

Back