• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Got a new CPU, need some games :O

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just got my new Computer, it's like a million times faster than my old one and so far I can run any game on max settings but, I'm not sure what games to pirate now ._.

Any suggestions? :O I've already got all the COD's and GTA Games btw xD

Reaction score
The CPU is the processor, it has almost no affect on your ability to play games.

I used to pirate tonnes of games until i started using Steam, I've since spent over $1,500 on more than 300 games over 5 accounts. I've barely pirated anything since then.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The CPU is the processor, it has almost no affect on your ability to play games.

I used to pirate tonnes of games until i started using Steam, I've since spent over $1,500 on more than 300 games over 5 accounts. I've barely pirated anything since then.

I know what a Central Processing Unit is lol I just say CPU instead of Computer though

My brother uses Steam to he has a poop load of Games, I was thinking of seeing if he would let me use his account so I didn't have to pirate a bunch of games either lol

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I agree with the Rish.

I've come to the conclusion with other people in cordial debate that piracy causes almost no damage. The evidence is that the item I "steal" I would not have bought had it been unavailable for piracy. The counter to this resulting in me playing games without paying for them, I've spent well over $2000 on video games alone (I rarely pirate steam games that I can get on sale for $2 - $5 which is absolutely nothing to me these days making over $8000/month). Add in books, movies, and music, and that's up near $5000+. Most of this save one-off purchases of excellent deals on steam have been inspired by my experience with pirated software, books, and music (and the massive availability of all music for free on YouTube and internet radio).

Piracy is awesome and a huge boon to the entire industry. I never feel guilty for doing it any longer (which is rare) since I know I would've spent under 10% for that entertainment of what I have if it had not been for piracy.

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion with other people in cordial debate that piracy causes almost no damage. The evidence is that the item I "steal" I would not have bought had it been unavailable for piracy.

So essentially, they aren't loosing money, they're just not making money?

And yeah OP, you may call it a CPU but many of us don't refer to it as a CPU.

Try Battlefield 3. It's an epic game and I've heard its hard to run pretty well, so :wink:

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So essentially, they aren't loosing money, they're just not making money?

And yeah OP, you may call it a CPU but many of us don't refer to it as a CPU.

Try Battlefield 3. It's an epic game and I've heard its hard to run pretty well, so :wink:

Think of it like a comic book store.

We pirate something like we would pick up a comic book and flip through it or read a few pages of it, then put it back. If we like it, we may buy it. If we don't, we've read some of it (oh poop, copy!) but we haven't bought it. We've at no point ever actually bought a copy (thus they haven't made a sale), but the availability of it to us has made it vastly more likely that they will make a sale.

Their claim is that the act of picking up a comic book and reading a page out of it should be synonymous with purchasing it. That's just outlandish.

Yes, I have a copy of X when I pirate it. No, I have not purchased it. No, I would not have purchased it. Now when I use X, I realize I like it. Now let's say the replay value is small so I don't actually want to buy X because I've played most of it. But I know this author made a really cool game, X, and I enjoyed it. Now steam has a sale, and that author has 4 other games up for reasonable prices ($5-10, not $60), and I now look at them (never would have before), and decide I want to buy 2 of them to play them. Bam, $10-$20 they would've never made had I been unable to pirate their software.

This is a valid analogy, too. I can go into a bookstore and take a book, sit down (they often have chairs/couches for this), and read it in a few sittings. I don't have to buy it, nor do I have to rent it or pay anything. I may not buy that book now because I've read it. But I may be intrigued at that author's future books because I enjoyed it. Therefore, that availability (the book store browsing === piracy) makes it more likely that I am going to buy something from them. But note, I never would have bought that book had it not been on the book shelf anyway, and me reading it hasn't changed that.

The whole "a downloaded copy = a lost sale" argument is completely broken and wrong.

Duh

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Like Tyler said try out BF3 :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How about you at least tell us what CPU it is first??
And what gfxs card you have too.

And frankly I have more pirated games then rish does XD
I do buy games, just sadly 65%-75% of all the games out there really isn't worth the full price.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The CPU has a lot to do with your gaming, as far as bottlenecking your video card at least.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Try Ragnarok Online but I highly recommend Uncharted Waters Online

Reaction score
Go and buy Battlefield 3 ($60usd) and Dragon Age 2 ($12usd). Both are well wroth the money, will beat the hell out of your new computer, and are amazing games.

NoPeace - out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Get steam and collect games , if not ... TORRENT ! is yo best friend

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The reason Piracy has become so big also.. is that games no longer have valid Demo's released. I cant ever try a game that I want to play. Hence, I will download it - if I like it.. hell yes I will buy it, my steam account is filled with awesome games - and not a one of them will I ever not play at some point in time!

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I went with Burnout Paradise, BF3, Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim, Batman Arkham City, New Sonic, Half-Life 2, Halo, Doom 3 and Prototype :O: Got a lot more that I'm going to get too :) Battlefield ran perfectly on highest settings as-well that game is Ducking epic :D: I'm addicted now ._.

How about you at least tell us what CPU it is first??
And what gfxs card you have too.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
8 GB Ram (7 Useable)
1 TB HDD
250 GB EHDD
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz (Turbo Boosted) 3.01 GHz

Like I said so far I can run any game on max settings with no lag and normal FPS that's why I didn't post my specs at first because it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is that a... laptop? Or is it using onboard vram or something? Why are only 7 gigs actually useable?

No it's a Desktop. I'm using 1 Gig of the 8, split off into a Different partition as a Slave Drive Experiment.

Last edited:
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
K I already beat most of the games I got and frankly I'm bored of the ones I haven't beaten lol Any other games worth playing? They don't necessarily have to be a PC Game either could be any system. I've been brainstorming for like 10 minutes now but I literally can't think of any games...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just go to pirateb@y (<- @=a) > "Browse Torrents" > Click on "PC" in the category "GAMES" > Click on "SE". :p

And you can check if you run your game at here:

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Searched the first 40 pages and I still couldn't find a game I felt like playing what the Hell ._.

Back