Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Got A New Laptop

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So... my laptop went in for repairs, Best Buy gave me a new one instead of fixing the Samsung I had.

Got a HP laptop:

8GB RAM
AMD A8 Quad Core Processor
Windows 7
LED HD display, 15.6in
Beats Audio
640GB HD

I have to say, I'm rather pleased with it.

Reaction score
well you have also said u dont like laptops, and if you have one thats under warranty its much cheaper to bring it in for repairs rather than void the warranty yourself trying

Reaction score
I never take my comp to repair, if it gets broken, i repair it by myself, but i have never bought an packed computer o_O

I don't even know what you're trying to say there.

Desktops =/= laptops. If your laptop breaks, you get it repaired by the manufacturer. You don't try to fix it yourself and void the warranty.

I hate BestBuy laptops. Most of the time they actually build their own systems with inferior components than the originals. The manufacturers even list a specific BestBuy model number because of this. ie. The BestBuy G73SW comes with a gimped GPU with half the bandwidth than the regular models. It's the same GPU, they simply have their own versions which are cheaper to produce so their profit margins are greater.

Revolution-Entrepreneur
Reaction score
I have to agree with Rishwin.
Im still using a compaq laptop for almost 7 years now.. And it overheats :p But Im still contented with what I have now.

Reaction score
Dell sometimes does the same thing, thats why i normally just build y own desktops or if i do get a laptop i open up the damn thing and see if they included the correct brand of HDD, RAM, and other periferals

Reaction score
It will be the same brand and even the exact same model, just the physical specs of the component will be gimped.

The 460M in the Best Buy ASUS laptops have less GRAM, lower memory bus, and lower bandwidth. They are physically identical to the other cards though, just inferior.

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, I understand all this - yet I am still very happy with this laptop.

I like it, and have no regrets.

Reaction score
It will be the same brand and even the exact same model, just the physical specs of the component will be gimped.

The 460M in the Best Buy ASUS laptops have less GRAM, lower memory bus, and lower bandwidth. They are physically identical to the other cards though, just inferior.

thats why they make overclocking programs, you can make it just the same as the others

Reaction score
thats why they make overclocking programs, you can make it just the same as the others

Overclocking increases the frequency, you can't affect the memory bus or bandwidth through overclocking.

The BestBuy models have 128-bit memory bus instead of 196-bit, which lowers the bandwidth down from 60Gb/s to 40Gb/s. It physically isn't capable of running at the speed of the normal 460M, even when overclocked.

Reaction score
I don't even know what you're trying to say there.

Desktops =/= laptops. If your laptop breaks, you get it repaired by the manufacturer. You don't try to fix it yourself and void the warranty.

I hate BestBuy laptops. Most of the time they actually build their own systems with inferior components than the originals. The manufacturers even list a specific BestBuy model number because of this. ie. The BestBuy G73SW comes with a gimped GPU with half the bandwidth than the regular models. It's the same GPU, they simply have their own versions which are cheaper to produce so their profit margins are greater.

For the most part, yes you cannot fix your own laptops. Though I just want to make a little point out there that there are some out there that are 100% user serviceable. For instance Clevo laptops are known for their ability to upgrade and service everything.

Also the G73 has long been phased out. The G74s have replaced them and the BestBuy version does have the same 560GTX as all the rest. Just this time around it comes with a shittier 1600x900 screen instead of the default 1920x1080.

NoPeace - out

Back