• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Guide]Changing the names of the songs from Chinese to English

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[Guide]Changing the names of the songs in your server

First, open your MSSQL 2000/MSSQL 2005/MSSQL EXPRESS/MySQL console thingy.
Double-click Databases, then double-click "test2" or whatever you named it, expand tables.

Find "o2jam_music_data", right-click it and select Open table.
You will see lots of Chinese words, nicknames etc.
This is your SERVER MUSIC FILE LIST. NOT CLIENT MUSIC FILE LIST. YOU MUST CHANGE BOTH TO PLAY.

If you're bad in Chinese or you don't know you should change it to what, just download the OJNList Emulator and put it into your music folder and execute it.

Then, use the OJNList Editor(found in the server package) to open the emulated file and change the data in the table(SQL) sorted by ID.

e.g.
In OJNList Editor: ID 100 - Name: Bach Alive
In SQL Serve: ID 100 - Name: 存在-巴赫
Therefore, change 存在-巴赫 into Bach Alive.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [Guide]Changing the namesof the songs from Chinese to English

moved out the original thread*

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I get a ODBC error when tried to edit & save.

"Transaction cannot start when in firehose mode."

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I get a ODBC error when tried to edit & save.

"Transaction cannot start when in firehose mode."

Make sure everything is changed correctly , like on server and client music list and emulator stuffs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Iv got a little problem here. The songs play fine BUT when another player tries to join the room he gets chinese error with the currently selected song name in it.

I used main.exe to make the .dat files and placed them to right places. Then i went to server music_data and changed the name of Bach Alive to english just like adviced above. Still (when Bach Alive is selected) joining players get the same error.
I haven't translated the whole list yet. Only few songs, but they still give the error.

Oh, and im using 2000 version of mssql.

Any advices would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm... Do they use the same OJNList.dat you are using too? More importantly, do they have the song? And did you replace the OJNList.dat in the server files(.../SERVER-COMMERCIAL/...)?

Back