Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Xampp + SECURE XAMPP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In order to install CabalWeb's You have to use xampp (unless you want to install Zend Optimizer manual on the other webservers like easyphp,apache and so, I prefer xampp so this guide is based on xampp)

• Click -->> HERE <<-- to download xampp
  • After you have downloaded xampp then install it. Install it at: (c:\xampp) - As default.
  • Now go to your xampp folder (c:\xampp) then you will see a folder named htdocs there, double click it and delete all the files unless the folders "contrib, forbidden, xampp, restirected" <-- These are the folder names, Dont delete them.

REQUIRED APACHE MODIFICATION

Code:
Enable MOD REWRITE - Go to (c:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf) , open it, find #LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so, delete # from the front save and restart the webserver.
Code:
 GD Image Library - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini, search for ;extension=php_gd2.dll, delete ; from the front close document and save
Code:
 Zend Optimizer - Can be enabled from php.ini (in xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for zend.ze1_compatibility_mode = Off, change Off to On (that means delete "Off" and write "On")
Code:
Search zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0, change 0 to 1, close document and save. (Can be enabled from php.ini (in c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini)
Code:
Zlib - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for ;extension=php_zlib_filter.dll, delete ; from the front close document and save.
Code:
Mssql - Can be enabled from (c:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini), search for ;extension=php_mssql.dll, delete ; from the front close document and save.
HOW TO SECURE XAMPP:

Code:
Go to: <http://localhost/security>

When you are there you will see a text like this:

=> http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php <=   [allowed only for localhost]

Enter there.

Now you will see a new page.. Input your password at the MySQL Section.

After you are done click at the valid button.
(Your SQL server is safe now, it cant get hacked by the security folder anymore!)
Code:
Under the MySQL Section will you also see "XAMPP Directory PROTECTION (.htaccess) 
Enter the user and password you want 
(write this down somewhere because you will need this to login to the security page again. 
(This will block peoples to enter the security page - so the peoples with the correct username and password can get into the security page ONLY)
Code:
Now go to (c:\xampp\apache\bin) and open php.ini and search for: safe_mode  = Off
Delete Off and write On there.

Now will your PHP run in a safe mode.
HERE IS IT HOW IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE:

tzinpo - [Guide] Xampp + SECURE XAMPP - RaGEZONE Forums

Waiting For Appreciation Reply :)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice Job and Release! Thank you ^^

Thanks Poperon for Appreciating my [Guide]

EDIT:

Thanks For Moving : )

Please Make or Put Approved Thanks

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lacking. wierd.

1. enabling MOD rewrite doesn't mean .htaccess will work?
- u still need to all directories to allow overwrite
solution: find all ( AllowOverwrite None ) to ( AllowOverwrite All )
2. i don't see any release with zend optimizers enabled. only @sses release encoded files
3. php mssql native extension is buggy as hell. i recommend freetds to replace ur mssql. ( freetds uses same commands as mssql extension but has a more secure and more stable connection )

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lacking. wierd.

2. i don't see any release with zend optimizers enabled. only @sses release encoded files
3. php mssql native extension is buggy as hell. i recommend freetds to replace ur mssql. ( freetds uses same commands as mssql extension but has a more secure and more stable connection )

Thanks for Commenting Mr. Jhon_D

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lacking. wierd.

i agree to you john_d

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for this i really dont know how to do. to make mr john_d web works

how to use freetds? im trying to learn things one at a time.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So many thank you men....
This is a very great guide!!!
You helped me alot!!!!

Retired Old Man
Loyal Member
Reaction score
nice work, finally a detailed one for ppl :cool:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i got a problem on safe_mode