Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gunz Font

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, i want to know where i can change the font in game lobby playerslist and stage and scoreboard and chat messages i have tried changing the font in system.xml and templates.xml arial to Tahoma but it doesn't change all the game like i want someone help me with that thank you here are some examples:
1.JPG - Gunz Font - RaGEZONE Forums
3.JPG - Gunz Font - RaGEZONE Forums
2.JPG - Gunz Font - RaGEZONE Forums
4.JPG - Gunz Font - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
there's a file called fonttex.bmp an Gunz Client fontend image-file, it includes the fonts your game wears, currently as stephan said, its hardcoded via image file.

(it's not visible file in normal launch, but via a application source, you have chance to locate it.
There is a code to overwrite the font loadables and to enable to client automaticly generate the fontex.bmp into your client folder each time you launch a game, its a bit like mlog.txt, game draws the generated info, what it is getting a read from loaded resources that is hardcoded in it).

i uploaded it here so you can either use it to edit it, or use it to find it on source to make change to it. it explains why only bolded font is enabled as font feature. there's nothing else to load from client, its not using your windows fonts unless you modify the source.

Attachments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
where i can change from playerlist font?

Attachments

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you probably have to code it first, i belive the font used is defaulted for the major part of game.. so to change individual area font to custom, you need first add a code that defines the new font used and then add it into default.mrs configurable file to modify the font you try to use in the same way the other configure for login/lobby/shop is created, you gotta find those and add gameroom selectibles with own restricted access to use fonts..

or... its already possible via default.mrs .xml files .

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I believe most of the fonts are in the XMLS.

Upvote 0
Back