Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GunZ Map (Work In Progress)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm already aware of the color schemes not entirely matching well but, any ideas? I was thinking about adding a wooden gate to continue the theme i'm using. But, i need dem tips

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Migrate to 3ds max, less bugs.
Actual uv mapping for texturing.
Better light generation without problems gzmap with fsrad has.

Pretty generic, not much to say about it at this point, really.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Migrate to 3ds max, less bugs.
Actual uv mapping for texturing.
Better light generation without problems gzmap with fsrad has.

Pretty generic, not much to say about it at this point, really.

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about.

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since you have a castle theme going on, look at actual castles, their structure/layout.

On a different note, so blocky, radiant maps look like lego to me.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since you have a castle theme going on, look at actual castles, their structure/layout.

On a different note, so blocky, radiant maps look like lego to me.

Curves in GTK=a sin against everything holy lol

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Less boxy boxy kinda!
Androthos - GunZ Map (Work In Progress) - RaGEZONE Forums
[/URL]

[/URL]

An experiment, Besides the textures what do you think?

[/URL]

It would be kinda more of a roof instead of the little squares so its again less boxy, but i think its kinda bad. Any tips?

Ninja Goblin
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I cant even see the shape the stuff is supposed to be at the last one.

Im not saying you have to be less boxy, especially since you use radiant, that will duck you up in the long run, due to how the collision is made.
Though doors/arches usually have a defined form and arent halfway broken, if they are broken they arent broken in this way, unless that is a random hole put through the wall from combat etc.
In that case, the top part is fine but the lower is too linear/straight.

What year is this?
Reaction score
Less boxy boxy kinda!

Avoid using door forming with gtk features, the less non vertical/horizontal lines the less your FSrad will handle during compiling. When working with GTK, map building is realy delicate thing as far as remember you need to use features carefully and do a lot of manual fixing if you want to build something big and nice withour Lightmpa bugging out after compilation. You can build collisions in gtk, but as Hellsniper said above, collisions were not fixed in gtk for gunz maps and bugs realy fast. It is posible to build nice not bugged maps with colisions if you are not overdoing it but you need to be careful and how to workaround those bugs (yeah with limits but its posible)
Also when you are using GTK it is very important to avoid overlapping textured walls also textures going behind walls if you want to maximize succesfull lightmap compiling.

I am not working with gtk anymore but I been working enough back then to pull most of fsrad capabilities posible for gunz with some help from friends :)

Rival Gamers Owner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like the idea! would love to see this finished :)

Back