• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Hazard Perception (UK Driving theory)

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Is an absolute witch man. Seriously. I've never encountered something that's such a complete ballsack. This poop expects you to predict the future! But of course you do have to predict the movements of traffic, pedestrians, forsee hazards etc. but some of it is just ridiculous!

Junkers - Hazard Perception (UK Driving theory) - RaGEZONE Forums

Failed a scenario because I was just too sharp. Dual carriageway with a car merging on a short acceleration lane. Was signposted so expected a car, clicked as soon as I saw it (a Mitsubishi Shogun, hard to miss). Red car infront of the DVLA dude, about 2-3 seconds ahead but you can see that he's not slowing down or changing to the empty right hand lane for the Shogun, and end result was the car having to heavily brake. And I fail this scenario for spotting the Shogun merge a split second before this practice CD states the hazard appears. Rage man!

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Not even looking forward to it. Somewhat concerned my eyesight will fail me before I even get a chance to do my practical. I'm positive I can see a plate at 20m but there's always that element of doubt.

Reaction score
Theory was piss easy compared to practical too, lol. UK driving test is pretty harsh, but I suppose it's in everyones best interest to have a hard to pass test. Though I still think everyone should have to do a refresher every ~20 years to get some of the poop drivers off the road.

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Had to take my driving test twice because the old fart gave me an instant red, to an otherwise perfect score, because of some idiot that was giving the wrong signals and I reacted accordly, and the tester deemed me having done something dangerous for slowing down a bit at a fecking round about...

Ah well, that was almost 8 years ago...

/grin

Reaction score
Had to take my driving test twice because the old fart gave me an instant red, to an otherwise perfect score, because of some idiot that was giving the wrong signals and I reacted accordly, and the tester deemed me having done something dangerous for slowing down a bit at a fecking round about...

Ah well, that was almost 8 years ago...

/grin

Tell me about it. I would've passed first time. Did my manoeuvre absolutely perfect, yet I got given it on quite a quiet but large dual carriage way. I continued my manoeuvre without stopping and because I hadn't seen the cars as being a hazard due to them being so far away, I got a major fail. Disappointing some of the poop you can fail for really.

But yeah, Nick, it'll be no problem. Spot the hazard, click. It's simple! It can be viewed as being too overly cautious and that's why you'll have failed the scenario. Believe it or not, some people will spot a pedestrian walking on the path 100m down the road and still recognise it as a hazard. At least you're not that idiotic.

Reaction score
I failed my second attempt for not going over a mini roundabout, and doing 30 in a 40 in the rain with a car behind me. I've since made it a point to ignore mini roundabouts entirely, though I'm pretty sure 90% of the test is down to the examiners mood.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
There's one mini roundabout in Paisley that's a particular favourite for the test route. The way I always seem to approach it though allows you to essentially just go over it straight as if it didn't exist. Failed a mock practical because of some poop signposting for a one way street :(

Reaction score
I had no problems getting my car licence, mostly because I had 5 lessons with the instructor and we would go literally the exact same route I would go on the final test so when it came to that I would know where everything was eg. school zones, speed drops, merging lanes etc. Piss easy.

Motorcycle computer test I failed the first time because I didn't comprehend the questions, I was doing the test as I was thinking I was riding a motorcycle, but half the questions were car questions for example they started out like "you're driving along ...", I only got a couple wrong because of that but you still need to get like 9/10 in the section, and the whole section was dedicated to car questions when I went to do it again.

though I'm pretty sure 90% of the test is down to the examiners mood.
Everyone in my area was saying that as well when they started getting their licence.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've got my theory this Saturday. :(

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Think I can handle the theory element?

Junkers - Hazard Perception (UK Driving theory) - RaGEZONE Forums

Ignore the sharp drop to 0%, that was a test I cancelled because I didn't have time to go through it

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I passed my Theory today!! It was easier than I expected.

45/50 on the Multiple Choice
59/75 on the Hazard Perception

Good luck Junkers you should ace it.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of questions on the national speed limit for roads like single carriage ways (60) and a couple about stopping distances in ideal conditions. There was about 8 or so questions on signs, one of them was who does this sign apply to and it was one of those diamond shaped ones for a tram. There was a few questions on fuel consumption like what will happen if your fuel filter cap is loose. Overall I didn't really find it that challenging (just glad I passed!!). The part I was most worried about was hazard perception but as long as you do enough practice you should be fine :)

Back