• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

HD Space Shuttle Ride From Solid Rocket Boosters

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here is an absolutely amazing video of a Space Shuttle ride from outside the shuttle on the Solid Rocket Boosters, with enhanced sound and an HD viewing option. I get goosebumps literally every time I watch this video. Not only do you get the view up into space, but also the ride back down when the SRB's are ejected from the Shuttle!

I swear I could watch these space vehicle launches all day!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The video itself was awesome....but the velocities are way off....the MPH doesn't slow down when they slow due to gravities pull before plummeting back down....yet they slow when it is falling...regardless...it was awesome to see.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like how they had cameras on all the parts that were detached as well. All around a pretty awesome video. Space and space travel continues to astonish me.

Yeah that was really unique, usually you just get the ride up in the cockpit or something, very rare to get the ride down on the Solid Rocket Boosters as-well :D:

The video itself was awesome....but the velocities are way off....the MPH doesn't slow down when they slow due to gravities pull before plummeting back down....yet they slow when it is falling...regardless...it was awesome to see.

I was wondering the same thing myself when I first watched the video, but the uploader claims the MPH gauge was just a rough estimate from actual flight data so it wasn't completely accurate. But! We did see that bad boy break the damn sound barrier and go trans-sonic so that's good enough for me! :p:

Reaction score
Awesome video. It's insane how quickly technology has progressed throughout the years. In 1968, people were blown away by amazement by the fact that the U.S. was preparing to launch to the moon. A mere 40 years later, and we have high definition video of the ride to space...

Back