• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Help auto registering a user.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I wasn't sure how to phrase that but basically. I have a vbulletin forum what I want to happen since I know the software's hash stuff differently is either when someone registers an account for the game to have it register a duplicate user on the forum or when someone registers on the forum have it create a duplicate user in the game. I am hoping there is someone who can at-least give some idea of how to do this on here.

Reaction score
I've never used vbulletin myself but I did do this on my website once (on my test server anyway but decided not to go with it as people on my server were allowed up to 10 game accounts each per web account). I would suggest looking at the registration page or validation page and look for the code that adds the data into the database for the forum and then create another database connection that adds the same data to the game database as well.

Obviously you don't want to use the same hash as the forum as it'll likely be different from the game database so use the raw password before the forum hashes it and do another hash that'll work with your authd.

If you have any experience with PHP then it should be a fairly easy task.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks thats kind of what I was thinking., I have a bit but before i started from scratch I wanted to make sure no one else had anything to contribute to the thought thanks.

Upvote 0
Back