Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] Back Pack Looks Like a pancake

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Screen_26072015_184052 - [HELP] Back Pack Looks Like a pancake - RaGEZONE Forums
Was wondering if anyone knew why the backpack looks like this and what the fix was for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you create the wgt file? I have been trying to find out how to do that and cant find any tutorials on creating them.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Long answer:
If you have the SCO it should create the WGT when you load the model into studio. BUT! It has to have the right flags for that. If the file doesn't contain it then it wont work.

SaveBin function in r3dObjLS.cpp Line ~723:

Code:
if( pWeights )
{
	SaveWeights_BinaryV1(f);
}

Explanation what the wgt file is (as far as I know.):
The wgt file is the binding to the skeleton. So without the wgt file the model doesn't know where to bind to. So you have to use the skeleton which is shipped with almost every WarZ version (Data/ObjectsDepot/Test/*.max) and bind your model to the skeleton. And export the skeleton along with the bound model. That way it creates your wgt file.

Short answer:
But the wgt gets created when saving / exporting the model from 3dsMAX with the TSG Toolkit.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi GigaToni,

I have the same dilemma here as @Anarchy1977 on importing/exporting skeletons and wgts file. I would appreciate it if you can answer my questions:

1) Where can I get the TSG Toolkit?
2) Can I use it in War, Inc as well?
3) If you say the skeleton file are in the game or src, is it the same skeleton on all models?
4) How do you bind the skeleton in Max? or possible in Maya too?

Thank you in advance

Upvote 0
Reaction score
1. It's in the source code. It's only possible via 3ds Max 2012 or lower. It's in src\Tools\Plugins
2. I don't know. But I assume you can. Because the skeleton should be the same.
3. Yes. It's always proper_scaled_and_biped
4. look at 1. no it's not possible in maya.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, this really help me get a better understanding. :):

I do have a copy of the proper scaled and biped SKL file. How do you properly rig it in the character mesh? When I try Physique or Skin modifier to rig it in 3ds Max, its not rigging properly. :(:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

The skl file is the "compiled" Version and cannot be used. You have to search for something like:

New_Skeleton_PhysX.max
New_Skeleton_PhysX_2011.max

Hello GigaToni,

I already downloaded the vusion source that you recommended. I don't see any Max files included. Do you mean it's also in the compiled version?

A direct link would really help, thank you.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tests folder ...

Hey Mintway, are you talking about the source or the binary version?

I downloaded the Vusion source few days ago and did a search for Max files and no results..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks. I downloaded my copy of war inc on Steam. So I guess the files are not there and the version here is a repack/crack?
You need to download it from Ragezone >>> War.Inc Source\bin

Upvote 0
Back