• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Help! Connection problem! WAN working, LAN not!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, please help! I am a noob in all this server setting business! I followed the 1.12.1 EasyPHP setup guild on this forum and was able to get the server running on my LAN, setting all the ip addresses to 127.0.0.1 and the other PC on the LAN to 192.168.0.x to connect to the hosting machine which worked fine.

I wanted to get the server online so i changed the IP address in MySQL-realmd-realmlist to my WAN IP address. I have tested it and it works for my friend connecting from outside (ports 80/8085/3724 open), BUT!!! none of my PC on the LAN can connect now, what should I do please?

I have tried setting the realmlist.wtf on the local machine to 127.0.0.1/192.168.0.x/WAN IP, none of them worked, just stuck at the realm list and connecting to server loop!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Firewalls off ,ports opened,realm.wtf set,IP's correct ?
oh btw if WAN user can connect to ur server so the LAN user must be :S
thats kinda weird

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Firewalls off ,ports opened,realm.wtf set,IP's correct ?
oh btw if WAN user can connect to ur server so the LAN user must be :S
thats kinda weird

yeh that's what i think too, weird, firewall off, 80/8085/3724 ports open, i only changed the IP in the database to the WAN IP and people can connect from outside, but none of my LAN machine can get pass the realm/connecting to server loop :(

on the lhosting machine, what should the IP be in the .wtf file? and for the other local machine, what IP should be in their .wtf file?

is there any settings i have missed out?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
check out What Is My IP Address? - Dedicated to IP address discussion and make sure you set your realm.wtf to the same address with your realmd database and then the realmlist table.
so everything should work fine now

thanks for the quick reply! The WAN IP in the realmlist table is fine, i have tried changing the .wtf IP to the WAN IP but it won't connect at all, with the localhost machine IP (192.168.0.x), at least then i can get to the Realm selection screen..

realmd database, do you mean the IP address in the realmd.conf file?

anymore ideas please?

Back