• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[HELP!] graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
*still exists*
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the attached picture shows the problem ive got with my graphics.

Randomly happened earlier when i plugged my TV into the graphics card. Rest my computer and it loaded up like this.....

The graphics card doesent feel hot. and all is plugged in correctly (nothing loose). Ive rolled the drivers back and it looks just the same.

any ideas at all?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm graphics corruption, I seem to remember reinstalling drivers usually fixes that one, if it doesn't then theres either some haywire settings, or the card is on it's way out.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Make sure your drivers are compatable with your versio nof vista and that you have the latest drivers also. this should fix the problem. otherwise its your monitor. and you should replace it, or buy another chord for your monitor(s)

*still exists*
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It isnt the monitor because it works fine with my old x800 that im useing now (also the fact that the screenshot i took rendered out the problem).

Ive updated the drivers and ive rolled them back to make sure it wasent that. The card shouldent be on the way out coz ive only had it about a month (its an 8600GTS 512mb dx10 card).

Have been talking with a few freinds n they think its either that the card has randomly overheated and causued a physical problem with the card n its gotta be replaced. Or that my motherboard is pumping out 2 much power and that caused the card to over heat. Either way.... the cards fucked :(

Tis still in warrenty so im gonna have to send off for another one.... Bit of a ball ache concidering i REALLY wanna play WiC n bioshock at the mo.... My x800 seems to overheat at the sight of these games lol.

If anyone has any other ideas then let me know. Also i get less artifacting if i lower the colours from 32 bit to 16 bit...... dont know if that will make any difference.

*still exists*
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Monitors can still work if they are faulty...

Think. lol

he means that if it was a problem with the monitor, the problem wouldent have shown up on the screenshot.

also its pretty unlikely that i would get two monitors breaking at the same time..... dual screen in the pic remember :)

Reaction score
he means that if it was a problem with the monitor, the problem wouldent have shown up on the screenshot.

also its pretty unlikely that i would get two monitors breaking at the same time..... dual screen in the pic remember :)

It could happen... But yeah very unlikely to ever happen. O.O

NoPeace - out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recently brought a NVidia 7900GTX, all the bling 2 years ago. Popped it in... maxed out LOTRO for 2 days then ram fried. EXACT artifacting as that card of your. Warrantied it (after a month of waiting, got fed up and brought two 8600Gt cards and SLi'd it) and it came back working beautifully as before, but now its useless as the 2x 8600 kicks its balls in performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back