Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Help Importing V169 Items,maps to v83

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello again everybody, im curious to know if there are any easier ways to import things from higher versions to v83....currently im using *Modified HaRepacker* loading both v83 and v169 files and for example deleting all etc items and copy paste from v196 to the v83 items file... but most of the time the program runs out of memory or crashes and it takes alot of time to transfer like 10 files per program reload...

is there a faster way to transfer the data?

ex

Reaction score
I wouldn't copy/paste it.

Are you just doing ETC items? If so I would just export the 400 or 401.IMG XML. (Not sure which one is ETC. Forgot..)
and then just import it into v83?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Are you just doing ETC items? If so I would just export the 400 or 401.IMG XML. (Not sure which one is ETC. Forgot..)

why not copy paste it ? it seems to work good o_O

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The proper way to import XML nodes from another WZ file is to use WzRepacker, expand both 401.img on Left side and Right side (*enable right side*), highlight both Left side 401.img and Right side 401.img, go to Misc->Select new nodes. This will highlight all nodes not in the current 401. Then, move to the Copying tab of WzRepacker, and click Copy (from Right side), and then Paste (to Left side). This is to avoid duplicates, and to add anything from XML B that is not within XML A.

Note: Left side is the main side, so put the file you want stuff copied to there, not in the Right side. The right side is just to compare agaist your current file.

Reaction score
The proper way to import XML nodes from another WZ file is to use WzRepacker, expand both 401.img on Left side and Right side (*enable right side*), highlight both Left side 401.img and Right side 401.img, go to Misc->Select new nodes. This will highlight all nodes not in the current 401. Then, move to the Copying tab of WzRepacker, and click Copy (from Right side), and then Paste (to Left side). This is to avoid duplicates, and to add anything from XML B that is not within XML A.

Note: Left side is the main side, so put the file you want stuff copied to there, not in the Right side. The right side is just to compare agaist your current file.

Yes this is correct, but if he/she is just removing all the old items and adding in all the new ones, they can just import the entire XML group.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Youre going to run into problems when exactly copy pasting. One being there are extra nodes that arn't used in v83, but are used in v169. These nodes will crash you and make the game unplayable. I would suggest using the wz stripper on the wz edit release forum and removing the extra nodes not necessarily used by the client. Another thing that you will run into is maps. Make sure you import tiles from character.wz (the building blocks maps use) into your character.wz or else adding maps will crash you as well. (simply because v83 does not have those blocks)

The best way to import, especially in your case (as you keep crashing), is to highlight all the nodes within a specific .wz (v169) and go to the top where it says tools -> export section -> XML -> classic. If you crash doing this, do little amounts at a time. Then import the files into v83. open the corresponding v83 .wz file tools -> import -> XML. Don't forget the create SERVER XMLS as well and add them into the wz folder of your source.

Have fun!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Youre going to run into problems when exactly copy pasting. One being there are extra nodes that arn't used in v83, but are used in v169. These nodes will crash you and make the game unplayable. I would suggest using the wz stripper on the wz edit release forum and removing the extra nodes not necessarily used by the client. Another thing that you will run into is maps. Make sure you import tiles from character.wz (the building blocks maps use) into your character.wz or else adding maps will crash you as well. (simply because v83 does not have those blocks)

thank you for the expanded guide ;) it helps alot

The best way to import, especially in your case (as you keep crashing), is to highlight all the nodes within a specific .wz (v169) and go to the top where it says tools -> export section -> XML -> classic. If you crash doing this, do little amounts at a time. Then import the files into v83. open the corresponding v83 .wz file tools -> import -> XML. Don't forget the create SERVER XMLS as well and add them into the wz folder of your source.

Have fun!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Have fun!

Though I've never tested it, extra nodes outside of Character.wz shouldn't crash as they don't open new UIs within the client. Also, I explained in a previous post that the tools you are using to remove nodes is also silly because the reason you're dcing is because of missing WZ's, not because the nodes aren't supported. I realized that when in lower versions setItemID won't crash, but in higher versions (at least v90+), it will. The client will only crash like this if you fail to complete the set's information (just like an invalid packet). In my previous post, I said that if you do crash from setItemID items, copy the SetItemInfo nodes into Etc.wz so that when hovering over the item, it will display the set and how its stats will increase on the UI to the right of the item's stat information. Other nodes as well just require extra effects and WZ icons in other files outside of Character in order to work in newer clients. Things like Phantom Canes and other weapons will work just fine in v90, the job "Use for Phantoms" won't crash at all, neither will most nodes; instead, they just don't appear or don't work as the client does not support them yet.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Though I've never tested it, extra nodes outside of Character.wz shouldn't crash as they don't open new UIs within the client. Also, I explained in a previous post that the tools you are using to remove nodes is also silly because the reason you're dcing is because of missing WZ's, not because the nodes aren't supported. I realized that when in lower versions setItemID won't crash, but in higher versions (at least v90+), it will. The client will only crash like this if you fail to complete the set's information (just like an invalid packet). In my previous post, I said that if you do crash from setItemID items, copy the SetItemInfo nodes into Etc.wz so that when hovering over the item, it will display the set and how its stats will increase on the UI to the right of the item's stat information. Other nodes as well just require extra effects and WZ icons in other files outside of Character in order to work in newer clients. Things like Phantom Canes and other weapons will work just fine in v90, the job "Use for Phantoms" won't crash at all, neither will most nodes; instead, they just don't appear or don't work as the client does not support them yet.

I talk from experience :p

When maplestory had released the cygnus revamp, I remember copying it (yes by hand) every node on dual screens to make it exact; it kept disconnecting me the second I used the that one skill. Since, I have always just removed the nodes.

WHOA I NEVER ";)" ..... ..unless im talking to Eric or sunnyboy

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I talk from experience :p

When maplestory had released the cygnus revamp, I remember copying it (yes by hand) every node on dual screens to make it exact; it kept disconnecting me the second I used the that one skill. Since, I have always just removed the nodes.

WHOA I NEVER ";)" ..... ..unless im talking to Eric or sunnyboy

This is skills.. ;P Technically, skills can stop working entirely or have no SkillLevelData information to parse as newer versions completely change that in the client. Also, Skills is the one thing guaranteed to crash; infact, just copying a new job will block you from even starting your client entirely.

Anyway, you were probably disconnecting due to specific actions not being in the client? You can add these to Character.wz, but I think the client still crashes.. though it's not a wz error code, it's missing files because the client doesn't even have them as a valid action yet. I always wanted to mess with this to get new classes' skills in clients that had them in testing..

Reaction score
Things like Phantom Canes and other weapons will work just fine in v90, the job "Use for Phantoms" won't crash at all, neither will most nodes; instead, they just don't appear or don't work as the client does not support them yet.

You can add them in perfectly fine, but unless you change the way the cane attacks it is just going to be for looks. Like you cannot hit the "attack" set key and attack normally unless you change the action.

SetItemInfo will D/C any item that it is on unless you add them in, correct. I mean you're right more nodes won't disconnect you, if you add them in properly. But it is just a waste of space to be honest, even though it isn't much space, but honestly I would rather work without them if they won't work properly inside lower versions.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can add them in perfectly fine, but unless you change the way the cane attacks it is just going to be for looks. Like you cannot hit the "attack" set key and attack normally unless you change the action.

SetItemInfo will D/C any item that it is on unless you add them in, correct. I mean you're right more nodes won't disconnect you, if you add them in properly. But it is just a waste of space to be honest, even though it isn't much space, but honestly I would rather work without them if they won't work properly inside lower versions.

Exactly, they are added in just fine and won't crash.

I'd personally prefer the extra nodes, I don't consider it a waste of space. But this is also coming from the person who had 7GB worth of WZ Edits during the v75 era. Also, you don't need to include the extra information in lower versions that don't support it.. (e.g lower versions)

I'd rather import some more things rather than running tools to remove a node in files then re-import. Specifically because of how much I dislike importing through XML, I like importing directly from copy ;P

Reaction score
Exactly, they are added in just fine and won't crash.

I'd personally prefer the extra nodes, I don't consider it a waste of space. But this is also coming from the person who had 7GB worth of WZ Edits during the v75 era. Also, you don't need to include the extra information in lower versions that don't support it.. (e.g lower versions)

I'd rather import some more things rather than running tools to remove a node in files then re-import. Specifically because of how much I dislike importing through XML, I like importing directly from copy ;P

I prefer smallest WZ size that works the way I want it honestly. But that is just me.

Understandable as well.

Back