Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(Help) Kinda stuck with DistributeServer/Wan IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi there guys!
(i just created this acc because i've been trying to remember my old acc but no luck, i don't even remember the email so yea new one is fine hah)
so going back to the topic! i've been running a server with my friends using hamachi but, it's kinda troublesome and i wanna get rid of it already. :closedeyes: soo i've been looking for some help to use my wan IP instead (because when i try, it gives me bk a bunch of errors).
i've tried this already: https://forum.ragezone.com/f543/ms-stop-1045449/#post8315771
but i can't use my wan IP anyway, so i'd like to know if i'm missing something? because after doing that, if i put my wan ip into the serverlist (distributeserver's line) I get ths error:
Lheritier - (Help) Kinda stuck with DistributeServer/Wan IP - RaGEZONE Forums

and inside it says: Error StartServerForUser: my.wap.ip.xxx < the numbers, of course.
then again i try to use lan/hamachi ip and i get bin-file version error from distributesvr and can't log in at all!
any kind of help is really appreciated!

Last edited:
I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Perhaps I should have included this information in that post. Your serverlist.txt should only have 127.0.0.1 ip addresses if everything such as databases and applications for running the game are on the same machine. However, if your on a network using a router or static ip addresses then please use the appropriate 192.168.x.x address and or the appropriate static ip.

Now to use your WAN IP you need to look at steps 6 and 7 again:
6 - Add a new text file to the same directory of DistributeServer.exe and call it firewallip.txt.
7 - Open up the text file and type your server number (Most likely 0, but its the same number found in serverset.txt). Then press the tab key and type in your WAN IP address. Template:
Code:
0	76.85.150.99

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank you guys for helping out, though i still can't get it working.

Perhaps I should have included this information in that post. Your serverlist.txt should only have 127.0.0.1 ip addresses if everything such as databases and applications for running the game are on the same machine. However, if your on a network using a router or static ip addresses then please use the appropriate 192.168.x.x address and or the appropriate static ip.

Now to use your WAN IP you need to look at steps 6 and 7 again:

yes, i've done that as well but i still don't get it, so let me get this straight! the serverlist.txt must have 192.168.x.x but then what about gamedesc/serverlist.bin from clientside? because if i put 192.168.x.x onto serverlist.bin it'd be pretty much the same as using hamachi. :$:

your distributeserver error sounds like you are using other AES encryption Key on your bins.
The solution from https://forum.ragezone.com/f543/ms-stop-1045449/#post8315771 works fine.

actually, i've been using these files https://forum.ragezone.com/f545/re-release-standard-server-db-948504/ because even tho after watching this whole vid i can't compile the source properly, so i'm guessing that's the reason why i'm getting bin-version error, but then again this guy here said: this is default from memiko source i compiled, not fixing problem and bug. so from all this mess i'm kinda lost and confused already. :sleep:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Gozex files don't work with Router.
You need compile it by yourself to make the change to the source code

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
"bump.
alright guys, i compiled the source by myself and now it's working properly. :): but i have another problem! when trying to run LUNAClient (the one i compile) i get this msg:
b160dbada639acdfb7fb68a10b32a339 - (Help) Kinda stuck with DistributeServer/Wan IP - RaGEZONE Forums
(gmtool works just fine, that's how i tested the rest)

oh last thing! i'm still using gozex's dbs, and i want to know if that's fine because when i open the srv i check the log's folder and there are two files called db_error_log_20_(date) and db_error_log_(date) and this is what i see inside
ce4651470f15171e53d4127929043da8 - (Help) Kinda stuck with DistributeServer/Wan IP - RaGEZONE Forums
< i did this already when using gozex's dbs which fixed the errors showing up on agentsrv, but i saw someone said it would be better to use the dbs suggested 4 pokchop1, yet i cant find such thing. found them https://forum.ragezone.com/f543/post-807053/#post6742584 so should i use these :$: sorry 4 asking 2much im a bit confused hehe

pd: thanks a lot pokchop1 for your tuts. i watched your vid again and i could compile everything with no probs! im also using the client u provided here: https://forum.ragezone.com/f546/video-guides-915183/ (still watching the rest of the vids coz they are so long :mellow:)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
awesum, thanks a lot! so as last, can i have your opinion about the databases i posted above? :/:

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
awesum, thanks a lot! so as last, can i have your opinion about the databases i posted above? :/:

The databases are fine and those error logs are automatically generated every time you start up your server. They may be called error files, but if your not seeing any actual error messages then your fine.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ayt.. you can close the thread then! thanks again for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back