Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help me to set Allods Proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help pls me to set Allods Proxy, so people can connect to my server.

:*::?:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's true? If server is set up right you don't need a proxy?

Yes. I can verify this. You do *not* need the proxy to allow external connections. You just need to take the time to read through the config's and learn a tiny bit about the server files themselves. The proxy was created I think because ultimately - someone was too lazy to just look/read through the files.

Appreciate the proxy share and all - but it simply confuses people.

Reaction score
Yes. I can verify this. You do *not* need the proxy to allow external connections. You just need to take the time to read through the config's and learn a tiny bit about the server files themselves. The proxy was created I think because ultimately - someone was too lazy to just look/read through the files.

This ^

I'm not gonna help people do things wrong

It's like if someone asks "How can I make some poison so I can drink it" I would reply "Don't drink poison that's stupid"

Seems like Kreeate would go google poison for the guy and teach him how to drink it :p

Reaction score
This ^

I'm not gonna help people do things wrong

It's like if someone asks "How can I make some poison so I can drink it" I would reply "Don't drink poison that's stupid"

Seems like Kreeate would go google poison for the guy and teach him how to drink it :p

Instead of being rude and abrupt with people, why don't you offer a bit of advice? Give some hints as to where to look? Guidance you know.
It goes a long way in helping others understand the problem and finding possible solutions as well.
Instead you choose to sound superior and give one, or two-liner comments that are as useful as sand in the desert.

So you, with "Moderator" status makes a comment like this :
proxys are for noobs do it without

How professional of you. Gives a great impression of the quality of staff employed here. And I use "employed" in a broad sense.

You could have said... "Proxies are not required for people to connect to your server. Have a look through your configuration files and see if you can find the solution yourself. If you really can't get it right, we could give some hints that might assist you."

But no, it apparently takes too much effort to be civil. Good luck with that attitude.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Moderator, you would be better cleaned threads, but not insulting others.
I don't have problem a long time ...

Reaction score
Moderator, you would be better cleaned threads, but not insulting others.
I don't have problem a long time ...

I never insulted anyone really i said proxies are for noobs and it's true... noobs half butt poop and do it wrong

you can do it without a proxy and it will run better... I can't tell you exactly how with your files with our files it's gonna be different

Reaction score
...you can do it without a proxy and it will run better... I can't tell you exactly how with your files with our files it's gonna be different

lol. so you don't know how either, but according to you, doing it the only way we currently know how ( via proxy ) is for noobs? lololol. Pot <---> Kettle

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol. so you don't know how either, but according to you, doing it the only way we currently know how ( via proxy ) is for noobs? lololol. Pot <---> Kettle

Multiple people run without proxy so it's stupid to do it with proxy when it's obviously not needed

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Multiple people run without proxy so it's stupid to do it with proxy when it's obviously not needed

It's been described in a couple of threads that to change. It's like, a 1second change in two files. You just have to read and use common sense. As with *any* files found here.

The first thing I did (Which is the first thing anyone would do for any set of files!) was open all config's and xml's in np++ and just *read*. Honestly, 20mins and everything was running and I was ingame. I wasn't kidding when I said these files where really nice to work with - easy, straight forward. But it would appear that even the most *basic* reverse engineering (can I even call it that at this point?) gets lost.

I don't know.. I would've gladly replied and explained in great detail how to config this - but it was never even asked. And to be quite honest, at this point - I'm not going through the trouble to read arguments between angry/greedy teenagers to find useful content.

I guess to close off this rant - I'm so disappointed. I've been around these forums in particular for a long time. I rarely visit anymore unless I read about a new section or new files to check out. I'm dying to get a personal project going (the games I host are hosted purely for my nephew and classmates, and of course me!) because I love learning this stuff on my free time. Making things work, adding or fixing things, but most importantly - seeing others have success with my stuff. I'm always really hopefull and excited when a new section opens up for a good game with a good set of files.

In the old days - files where released and shared - it was up to server admins/staff to make their server a winner. Where a server earned it's name by working with players and developing something outside of retail. Now when I visit private servers and stuff? It my as well be retail. Private servers are just as greedy as retail which is not why this whole field came into light - to offer players the same games but not empty their wallet to do it. Pay2Win shouldn't be any part of private servers.

Anyhow, I'm getting off topic here and rambling. Interesting tho, the group with files and being Ducking jerks about it (Bragging, posting data/help for files nobody has) also end up moderating the forum. So how's that going to work if someone wants to release the same set of files they have? Or someone wants to leak *their* files? We've seen this before, but we've never seen the persons run the forums as well. I guess this is like letting the FBI run WikiLeaks.

Deleted?

Sad day.
Matt/eg.

PS - Honestly, to everyone reading this. I apologize for getting into all this infighting and arguments. I know that I too contribute to the problem here. but I think it's important (even if I am trolling these forums) that people be reminded about what this place is for. Lame or not, if you are reading this - you are here. It's expected that the majority of users are leechers - we all know this. Does it matter? Nope. Most leechers couldn't run a production server if their life depended on it. Most leechers just want to play around with GM and screw around with their friends. The small minority of people with skill and a plan usually all end up working together on things, at least in my experience.

Yet, the fear of said leechers is at least on par with a terrorist around here. It's like going to the store and being all surprised to find out they have stuff in the store.

Reaction score
About how private servers are made... Running a server isn't cheap... To support a server you pretty much NEED to have a donation shop of some sort(donations straight up won't cut it I've tried) If you sell items then the prices need to be set correctly... having every item added for so cheap that every player can stack them 24/7 isn't proper game design. The more powerful something is the more rare it NEEDS to be.

As for people saying not releasing files is pure greed... That would have to apply to everyone to make any sense... If you claim people with newer files in the PServer community should release them you really should also be saying the companies running the game should be releasing it...

The trouble with this game is... only big players can afford the hardware Here's an example
Release HW setup totals 152GB ram, 21x4 Core ~2.5 GHz Procs
Test Box totals 96GB ram, 10x4 Core 2.5 Ghz Procs(for 1,000 concurrent connections)
Single box 10 CCU 24Gb++ Ram, 2x4 Core 2.83GHz

Not the kinda Hardware a small server can afford... also not the kind of hardware a server can support without a cash shop system implemented

also a final note I'm not moderator of this section at all

Reaction score
Oh HuninHune, do not you think that you lot of attention to the person?

Server 1.x files have many people.Someone from the Russian is still trying to sell them.And who is waiting for another run servers to take care of all the problems, mistakes, etc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
About how private servers are made... Running a server isn't cheap... To support a server you pretty much NEED to have a donation shop of some sort(donations straight up won't cut it I've tried) If you sell items then the prices need to be set correctly... having every item added for so cheap that every player can stack them 24/7 isn't proper game design. The more powerful something is the more rare it NEEDS to be.

As for people saying not releasing files is pure greed... That would have to apply to everyone to make any sense... If you claim people with newer files in the PServer community should release them you really should also be saying the companies running the game should be releasing it...

The trouble with this game is... only big players can afford the hardware Here's an example
Release HW setup totals 152GB ram, 21x4 Core ~2.5 GHz Procs
Test Box totals 96GB ram, 10x4 Core 2.5 Ghz Procs(for 1,000 concurrent connections)
Single box 10 CCU 24Gb++ Ram, 2x4 Core 2.83GHz

Not the kinda Hardware a small server can afford... also not the kind of hardware a server can support without a cash shop system implemented

also a final note I'm not moderator of this section at all

Been there. Done that. I know what it's like to run a private server, I've done it quite successfully several times. And I had to compete against servers running the same files and in some cases updated. You are not providing any sort of defense here - the HW requirements in fact do make the chances of other people running private servers even more slim - which again leads me to wonder what you are doing here? What are you so worried about? Run a fun, fair and balanced server - players will donate for that. It's obvious to me that you are using the costs to run a game server to defend against a principle here (too which you don't have a leg to stand on here sir).

So far, the section has gone dark in the space of a week and your group of nerds caused that by using the section to advertise your server/files. After that, you've done absolutely nothing cept rag on people with less knowledge then you.

Mock us ragezoners all you want. At the end of the day, there are people here with a great deal more of knowledge, skill than you and many with less. If files make you feel cool (which, for the younger kids - it usually does.) then I guess you are now elite... ....

PS - I own two boxes that can run this server just fine in my living room that I bought while running my own game servers. Again, explaining to me the costs/things involved with running a private server are lost on me - I've already done that and this defense is weak. And I apologize if you where not made mod for the section. I read the applications, saw your name there and noted the nice color and read Moderator. I guess it's for another section you ruin? er. Run.

Matt/eg.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got mine to start connecting by Replacing the "localhost" in shard cfg file to my hamachi ip i now can connect to game server to create a character.

<logging kind="local">
<local format="csv"/>
<remote host="Global IP" port="8888"/>
</logging>

<shard role="LocalShard" memory="1200" ip="127.0.0.1">
<frontEnd externalHost="Global IP" ip="Global IP" port="9322" timeout="60000"/>

:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back