• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] Question about s14 ep1-2 server requirements

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey,

I'd like to start my server soon and I'm looking for VPS spec/Hosts. The target player base will be around 100-300 at the start and based in Central Europe . It can raises up to 400-500 later. So, I have to find a future-proof place where I can rent a VPS or Cloud VPS which is upgrade-able If needed.

At this point, I found these specifications to be enough good:
CPU: 4 cores (3Ghz)
RAM: DDR3/4 ECC 8GB
HDD/SSD: 100GB

My questions :
1; Those CPU/RAM/HDD specs gonna be fine ? - If yes, how long ? Overkill at the beginning ?
2; Is it worth to pay extra money for SSD ? Instead of choosing a cheaper HDD plan ?
3; About OS, Windows server 2012 or 2016 -standard-64bit ? Any benefits from a later version ?
4; About Microsoft SQL server, 2012 or later ? Which one can be better ?
5; Is it possible to use the same vps for game server and webhost ? Is it worth it ? Or a separated version is better with different hosts ? like: VPS A: game server VPS B: webhost
6; Which host do you prefer ?
7; Is it worth to rent a Cloud VPS instead of a cheaper normal VPS ?

Generally, I am not familiar in server operations and I don't know which can be a good or bad deal. I only compare hosts prizes what is more than nothing, as a fresh meat customer on the vps market.However I'd like to find the most economic way until the quality won't decrease. The first 2-3 months will be only for testing phase by myself and some friends. So a cheaper plan for the start and a possibility to upgrade when we open the server to public will be the best.
Recently checked the OVH which has decent Cloud VPS plans, DDoS protection etc...
Feel free to reply here , all comments appreciated :):

Last edited by a moderator:
Back