Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help]Question about teleport core

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm using mpt client/server released by SunnyZ
and the updated Admin3a.exe released by gzuz(new maps added with writefield).

Admin3a.exe supports 4 pages for the teleport core but the problem is that on page 4, only the first one is working.

I have been able to find the teleport core map table in hex and it is splitted in 2 locations.
I am able to change the destination of each working teleport link but I dont know how to fix the non working link.

I think it must be because the pointer to the end of the table is wrong but I don't know how to find this pointer in ollydbg.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I see what has been done in your exe, instead of fixing page 4, all destinations have been modified, replacing some useless low level ones with more useful high level fields. I was thinking of doing that too if I can't find how to fix the fourth page.

Other than that I saw a few more things that have been modified in your game.exe :

-some strings have been changed
-it uses ptReg.rgx instead of sky\a.rgx for config
-it uses savedata\awsome.ini instead of savedata\LocalPT.ini for gm mode
-writefield dll has been renamed to field.tga and moved to field/map folder
-some other modifications that I dont know their purpose

May I ask where you got your exe ? Maybe it comes from a thread with a list of included modifications...

By the way here is a list of what I have fixed so far :

Server side
----------------
-Added missing zhoon file for item OS101 (Lucidy)
-Replaced Forever-Fall-02 and Ruin-4 cause they had no monsters spawn points
-Added missing monsters QueenTobie and SantaGoblin
-Built my own mix editor
-New WriteServerField.dll

Client side
---------------
-replaced Ricarten and Pillai with a "Clean version" (I don't like MPT version)
-added some missing item images
-New WriteClientField.dll

I said now i'm working on item table testing each items which is kinda long. I'm about 1/4 done.

Once its completed Ill have a look at teleport core and ill release everything including the source code from writefield and my mix editor.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok I see what has been done in your exe, instead of fixing page 4, all destinations have been modified, replacing some useless low level ones with more useful high level fields. I was thinking of doing that too if I can't find how to fix the fourth page.

Other than that I saw a few more things that have been modified in your game.exe :

-some strings have been changed
-it uses ptReg.rgx instead of sky\a.rgx for config
-it uses savedata\awsome.ini instead of savedata\LocalPT.ini for gm mode
-writefield dll has been renamed to field.tga and moved to field/map folder
-some other modifications that I dont know their purpose

May I ask where you got your exe ? Maybe it comes from a thread with a list of included modifications...

By the way here is a list of what I have fixed so far :

Server side
----------------
-Added missing zhoon file for item OS101 (Lucidy)
-Replaced Forever-Fall-02 and Ruin-4 cause they had no monsters spawn points
-Added missing monsters QueenTobie and SantaGoblin
-Built my own mix editor
-New WriteServerField.dll

Client side
---------------
-replaced Ricarten and Pillai with a "Clean version" (I don't like MPT version)
-added some missing item images
-New WriteClientField.dll

I said now i'm working on item table testing each items which is kinda long. I'm about 1/4 done.

Once its completed Ill have a look at teleport core and ill release everything including the source code from writefield and my mix editor.

Yeah the client i got from a server that used to be up not off this site it was the regular MPT client just edited by him, i was friends with the dev and he gave me the client but i didnt know they just replaced old points so and didnt know about the other stuff, would be better to have your release when you're done instead of using this.

Also could never get a mix editor to work for these files so would be nice to have that hehe

Goodluck and keep me updated if u can.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it may take a while for me to complete the item table fix so here's the mix editor for now

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
it may take a while for me to complete the item table fix so here's the mix editor for now

Ok Mixer works and writes new mixes just do you know how to add color to the mixes, i know its prob have to be coded in but im not too sure atm

Aswell if you figure out how to up cap id like to use lvl 160 as cap instead of 140, but if u dont know how then thats cool i tryed that aswell but could never find the offsets to find.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back