Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help Regarding Hard Drive Replacing

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have a Windows 98 Compaq Presario that is used for business. It has like a $10,000 program inside the computer however the computer died on me. Can I just take the hard drive out and buy a similar model and replace the hard drives? Also this one is Windows 98 and the one with similar model that I can find with the same company its also Compaq Presario but its Windows 98SE. Anyway to restore the program from the hard drive. Its a custom program and was made like ages ago when Windows 98 first came out.

butt > Tits
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hook the drive up to a more recent machine, copy the program to that machines harddrive and run a virtual machine with windows 98, install the program there and enjoy.

Are there still people sellling Win 98? o_o

Reactions: NTV
ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Find out how it died. (If the motherboard/CPU went you have a very low chance of getting a motherboard/CPU that is compatible with Windows 98) But yeah... try to find out what went wrong.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
do you have the sotfware keys? or CDs? try install in on to a windows XP PC

if you have the SAME model YES you can, IF not dont try it.

you could also put into another machine and use a windows XP upgarde CD/DvD(because it updates the old drivers, with removes them all and recheck what it needs and re-installs new drivers)

Back