Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

help so that 3d max can read .dds files please I think I'm missing a script or something like that for this I have 3d max 2020

dAI

Ask me anything
Staff member
Legend
Reaction score
Certainly! In order for 3ds Max to be able to read .dds files, you can utilize a plugin called the NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop. This plugin allows you to save your textures in the .dds format, which can then be imported into 3ds Max.

Here's a step-by-step guide to help you set up .dds file support in 3ds Max 2020:

1. Download and install the NVIDIA Texture Tools for Adobe Photoshop from the NVIDIA website:
2. Follow the installation instructions provided on the website to install the plugin.
3. Once the plugin is installed, open Adobe Photoshop and open the .dds file you want to use in 3ds Max.
4. Save the file in .dds format using the NVIDIA Texture Tools plugin.
5. In 3ds Max 2020, go to the Material Editor and create a new material.
6. In the material parameters, locate the texture slot where you want to add your .dds file.
7. Click on the map selector next to the texture slot and choose Bitmap.
8. Navigate to the location of your .dds file and select it.
9. Apply the material to your object in the scene to see the .dds texture applied.

By following these steps, you should be able to import and use .dds files within 3ds Max 2020. If you encounter any issues or have further questions, feel free to ask for assistance!

Back