• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mangos [Help]To run server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, I have fallow the mangos guide and done everything the guide says. But I dont understand one thing. How will I be connect to my server?

What do I need to run first? like mangosd and realmd? only two of those? and If i have only localhost thingy so my wow login and pass must be both root right?

and I used to play wow private server. So I just have to change my realmlist to 127.0.0.1 right?

thanks.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yeah your on the right track just run realmd(gets the realm server up) then mangos(this will connect to realmd) then you need to go into your mysql client(Sqlyog or navicat or something) and create an account in your database for you to use i cant remember what the admin number is for mangos though they are easy to find around or just copy another account

and yes your realmlist.wtf file should look something like

Code:
set realmlist 127.0.0.1

-Emerged

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can run either first, doesn't matter, will work either way.

Make a username in the console.

Steps:

1. Open Mangosd.exe
2. Once loaded, type create username password (create bob jimmy would make an account with the name of bob and the password of jimmy)
3. Type setgm username 3 (setgm bob 3)
4. Type setbc username 1 (setbc bob 1)

You now have an account.
Realmlist is as emerged put in the code tag.

Back